Finding "lost files" which are not lost at all!

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Honorary ProShow PHD

Finding "lost files" which are not lost at all!

Postby Rosemary » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:21 am

Hi everyone,
I have been revising some of my older shows. One in particular ProShow 5 could not find 3 backgrounds although I entered the pathway. In the end I just replaced the backgrounds with one of Photodex's own and saved the show. Now every time I open the show I get the message "Files are missing would you like to find them" I click "No" and the show with the new backgrounds load. How do I get rid of this annoying window for this show? I have deleted .cfg, phd, and .pxc files with no solution. I am reluctant to re-install as I seem to lose so many of my non Photodex slide styles

Thanks,

Rosemary

Re: Finding "lost files" which are not lost at all!

Postby cherub » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:36 am

Hi Rosemary,

I'm not sure why Producer can't find the original backgrounds of your show. Sometimes even a slight change of name or a space, can cause Producer not to identify them correctly.

Now, when you say that in the end you replaced the backgrounds, and saved the show, I presume that you simply dragged the new backgrounds instead of the black layers with the words "missing file".

Unfortunately that's not enough. Producer will always remember that those files are missing, and the new backgrounds will not be saved.

You can do one of these two things:
a. Delete completely the layers with the missing backgrounds, and create new layers with the backgrounds from Producer.
OR
b. Copy and rename the backgrounds from Producer with the old names of the missing backgrounds, and when Producer "offers" to look for the missing files, point it to these files.

Hope this helps.

PS. Why are you posting in the ProShow Gold section of the forum? :D

Postby debngar » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:38 am

Try a fresh "collect show files" procedure with the "overwrite file " box checked. Be sure to proactively note and choose the show folder where you want the the collected files and their folders to be collected.

Each of my shows start out with their own show folder. Once I do a "collect files" that main show folder, the program generates three others inside that show folder.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi Mona and Debbie,
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Mona, I realized that I had posted in the Gold section and edited the post and deleted it. You must of caught it as it was posted!
Anyhow, Mona you were correct in guessing that I had dragged and dropped the backgrounds. I followed both Mona and Debbie's suggestions and now it is all better! I had never noticed the "overwrite file box before" Debbie.

Thank you both as it was most frustrating.

Rosemary

Postby debngar » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Glad it all worked out for you. :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting