Something that I learned - possibly help others

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Something that I learned - possibly help others

Postby donco234 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:42 am

I have been using ProShow Producer for many years. It seems to get "sick" from time to time. An obvious sign that it isn't well are installing transitions each time you open a show, even one that worked well before. It says on the pop up window that it only installs the transitions the first time or if your transitions change.

I have noticed that it seems to be difficult for the program to read in the transitions while loading a show. So when that happens, I just start a new show with two slides and pick on the transition between them. That causes it to load the transitions if it thinks it needs to do so. After that I close the show and open the show that would not previously load and usually the problem show loads fine.

Also, every time I call Proshow for assistance, they ask me to download and re install the program. Since then I have kept a folder on my desktop with the latest downloaded version of the show. This makes it a lot easier.

I hope this is helpful to someone
Don

Re: Something that I learned - possibly help others

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:02 pm

You might be able to go without reinstalling by, instead, deleting proshow.phd and proshow.cfg in the software's folder. This usually (not always) fixes any issues.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: Something that I learned - possibly help others

Postby donco234 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:50 am

Thanks Barbara,

I will try this next time.
Don

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting