PSG 6 and burning to Disk

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Honorary ProShow PHD

PSG 6 and burning to Disk

Postby Penny47 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:46 pm

I have just installed Version 6 of PSG, and am having a few problems trying to burn 3 shows onto a DVD. They are not all that big, as I have burnt larger shows before. I tried burning a single little show and it worked fine, so I am not sure why I can't get it to burn a larger show. It starts off OK and then suddenly it crashes and I have to close the program down. Any ideas please I am trying so hard to get this show done and into the mail to Zimbabwe.

Many thanks Penny

Re: PSG 6 and burning to Disk

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:00 pm

"burn" to an ISO file first (you can select "ISO file" from the pulldown menu where you select which burner to use) then use the free Irfanview utility (my favorite) to actually burn the disk. The advantage to doing it that way is it separates the two halves of the process and you can tell which one is causing the problem. Added advantage is that with an ISO file on your hard drive, you can now create as many additional identical disks as you want without having to re-create it again. For the first few disks, I would suggest checking the "verify" box on Irfanview - it will burn the disk then go back and read it to verify it matches exactly what was supposed to be there.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Thanks Mikey I am going to give it a try now...

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:56 pm

OK here is what I did before trying the ISO I dropped the speed of the burning and I set everything up before I added extra shows and it seems to have worked. But now I would really like to know where to find the ISO as I use the burner from the PSG program. I am not all that familiar with the ISO. I have heard of it but never used it. I will also down load Irfanview utility. I have the part that I use for photos etc. So will look into that now. I also use Nero as my other burner. But will have to buy it at some point I imagine.

Anyone that can help with these details I would be most grateful.

Penny

Postby cherub » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:30 pm

I think that Mikey meant to type ImgBurn and not IrfanView, which is for images, as you wrote.
Download ImgBurn from here http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Im ... 28426215/1
Please pay attention to what the program installs. Don't let it install any other additional program.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:51 pm

OK thanks for that I shall be very careful as I know I have a very bad habit of installing things I do not require and get all sorts of things popping up. I will give it a try in the morning when my brain is fresh. Thanks again for your help.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:07 pm

Thanks Mona - yes, while Irfanview is one of my favorite utilities (also free), I meant Imgburn. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most :D

When you select the ISO option, it will ask you where you want to put the file - just put it in the same directory as your show is. Makes it easy to keep track of it that way.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:15 am

Penny47 wrote:----snip---- But now I would really like to know where to find the ISO as I use the burner from the PSG program. I am not all that familiar with the ISO. I have heard of it but never used it. ----snip----
Penny

If you missed what Mikey posted here:

gpsmikey wrote:...snip... select "ISO file" from the pulldown menu where you select which burner to use ...snip...
mikey

This is the menu path:

Publish -> Create DVD -> Burning -> Disc Options -> Disc Writer

Look for the drop down arrow in the Disc Writer area of settings. Upon installation, the program normally defaults this setting to the computer's DVD reader/writer. Before I change the setting to ISO, mine happens to say E: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653J. But yours may be different.

Click the drop down arrow to reveal the choice underneath for "ISO Image File". Once it's changed to ISO, it usually stays that way until another version is installed.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:25 pm

I just want to thank you all for your help with my problem. I think I have it sorted now. anyhow I have managed to burn the show that will go overseas to our cousins.
I just wish I was as clever as you all, but at least I know I can always ask and someone will help.

Penny

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting