problems with Producer 6

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

problems with Producer 6

Postby Silverwraith » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:34 pm

Here are a few of my first time problems:
When zooming in or out in the slide "Effects" the whole screen "jumps" each time the picture zooms, sometimes it simply crashes that window entirely.
My audio files become distorted on playback, crackling and distortion over the speakers, original file is perfect...I have to delete the track and reload (with all the fading and timing to do over again)
After I put one image as a slide background, it applied that image to every slide despite my repeated attempts to default the show back to a black screen.....default button doesn't work!
The show never plays on the first tap on the space bar or click on the play button, you have to do it twice...EVERY TIME!!
these seem pretty basic flaws in the program, any one else having trouble?
...I will probably go back to Version 5 while they iron these out.
Cheers
Chris, Vancouver BC

Re: problems with Producer 6

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Not sure about your other issues, but the crackling etc. on the sound track is characteristic of having the volume set over 100% (digital signals do NOT take kindly to "clipping" and make some very strange noises if you have the volume set too high). As far as having to re-create everything, instead, set the volume lower - you may have to delete the cache file (same name as your show but ending in .pxc - exit Proshow, delete that file, then restart Proshow - it will rebuild the cache file again, but I think you will find the volume is too high).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: problems with Producer 6

Postby fabraines » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:05 am

I am also having unexpected problems with Gold 6 and am being helped by their very efficient customer service. One thing they suggested was to reinstall and do the installation without firewall and antivirus. After doing this my problem was partly solved (rendering issues). When I am finished with them, I will post the results of their help.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting