Rendered show works on PC/Mac but not on streamer.

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Rendered show works on PC/Mac but not on streamer.

Postby fabraines » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:58 pm

I just finished making a new slideshow of mixed video clips and photos (no. 73) and for the first time I am hit with a problem. After a recent update to ProShow 6 the following happens:

Show (90 images) is rendered to 180p quicktime movie.
Rendering proceeds until end with no problem.
Playback of the rendered file on computer is fine but playback on TV via a hard disc and popcorn streamer results in the music stopping after slide 25 with the slideshow continuing at about 75% speed.
I removed the slide in question and the show stops at the new slide 25 with the same results. I have changed the soundtrack 3 times - same problem. I have rebuilt the slideshow from scratch with unedited images - same problem.
Has anybody had a problem similar to this? Quite honestly, I can't think of anything else to do!
ProwShow 6 (Latest update)
27 inch iMac using vmWare Fusion. (Windows 7 Home Premium)
Hard disc joined to Popcorn streamer.
Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Rendered show works on PC/Mac but not on streamer.

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:22 am

I have not played with that combination of hardware - I presume you meant "1080p" not "180p" :twisted: Does that hardware have the option of playing from a USB stick for example ? What happens if you put the rendered mov file on a usb stick (if it can play that) and try that ? My first thought was a problem reading the DVD, but I see you indicate you are using a hard drive although it could still be a data transfer rate issue I guess. What happens if you render in 720 instead of 1080 ? The only other thing that comes to mind would be if you have a video editor, bring that show video into the video editor and see if you can see anything obvious happening. The main problem here is figuring out just who has things screwed up.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby fabraines » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:27 am

I had a hunch:- I deleted proShow 6 and downloaded version 5. The slideshow performed perfectly both at 720 and 1080. It would seem that something in the rendering engine in version 6 is different, at least with my particular combination of hardware. I am now in touch with Photodex customer service who will try to help me with this problem. At their suggestion, I deleted version 5 for the first version 6 (before recent update) and the problem returned. I am now awaiting their further comments. Thank you, mikey for your comments, The results using a UBS stick were unfortunately the same as mentioined in my first post.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:21 am

Well, the results with the USB stick, while not a solution, does help point to where the problem was because it acted the same as the hard drive. Glad you have been in touch with Photodex support - hopefully they will have a solution soon.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting