Photo Flashes Before Transitions

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Photo Flashes Before Transitions

Postby ByMinotti » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:36 pm

I just updated to the latest version of ProShow Producer and I am having a problem when I create a 1080p .mpg file from my slideshow. When I view the video file after it has completed rendering it plays smoothly but right before each photo transitions into the next photo it quickly flashes the next photo and then goes back to the photo it was currently on and then transitions to the next photo. I can't figure out what is causing this. When I preview my slideshow in ProShow it plays fine and doesn't flash the pictures before the transitions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Photo Flashes Before Transitions

Postby debngar » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Hard to say what the answer to this might be. It might help to post a visible sample of the problem in the thread for those trying to determine the solution.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby ByMinotti » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Here is a short clip of what it is doing. Thanks! http://youtu.be/LERDbB50yHw

Postby ByMinotti » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:37 pm

I just watched the clip that I uploaded to YouTube and for some reason it is only doing it on the first photo in that video clip. When I play the original video file on my computer or TV it does that on every photo. Now this has me more puzzled as to what is causing it. Also it is only showing it when I watch it at full 1080p resolution on YouTube. If I put it to a lower resolution it doesn't happen at all.

Postby anitaemile » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:02 pm

It looks like the last keyframe of one of the layers in that first slide is not at the end of the slide .Open the show in proshow and go to the keyframe editor ( center bottom : it's somewhere to the right of the 'play' button) Once you have your keyframe editor window opened you can watch all your keyframes . You may see one of the keyframes placed slightly before the end of the slide, where others are all the way at the end of the timeline.

Postby ByMinotti » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at the Keyframe Editor and everything looks okay. Here is a screenshot of the Keyframe Editor: http://oi42.tinypic.com/2v2i1ir.jpg The video plays perfectly when I preview it in ProShow. I have also tried rendering the video at a lower quality and it plays fine. The only time I get the flashing photos is when I render it in 1080p and that is the resolution I need.

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:57 pm

In your keyframe editor image, I noticed some odd timing that's in seconds drawn out into thousandths of a second. This shouldn't really make any difference, but maybe it's doing something odd here. Perhaps you can see what happens if you round off the numbers. (This is what's called a shot in the dark. :D )

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby ByMinotti » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:37 am

I changed that and it is still doing the same thing when it is rendered in 1080p. Thanks for the suggestion.

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:54 am

I recently came across something very similar to your problem where everything is fine until rendered to 1080p. I had two slides that were identical, the first one behaving as it should, but in the second slide, parts wandered off where they weren't supposed to go. I contacted Photodex, and it turned out to be a bug in layer transitions and which should be fixed in the next update. Maybe this is what's happening to you, but it could also be something not quite the same. You should contact Photodex, letting them know what's going on.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby ByMinotti » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:46 am

I will contact Photodex. Thanks

Tinkerdog

Postby Tinkerdog » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:59 pm

ByMinotti wrote:I will contact Photodex. Thanks

Did you get any reply or answer for this problem. I just upgraded to 6.0 on Thursday ( Feb. 27 2014 ) and I have the same problem. It appears to center around using "Picture Pages" for the theme from the Wizard (for me). Here is a sample of the problem... rendered on at 1080, 720, 480 and 260 as an MP4 and then moved to Youtube.... http://youtu.be/xuwPvPBkKPc

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting