Video Speed quickens when clip is added

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Video Speed quickens when clip is added

Postby Simon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:49 pm

I am trying to create a slide show using video clips taken with a Panasonic HD Video Camera, which uses the video format AVCHD. Whenever I try to add a clip to the timeline, the video is then played at an increased speed, and will run the entire length at this faster speed, however the audio for the clip is played at the normal speed, resulting in the video freezing on the last frame until the audio has completed. I have tried trimming the clip, locking the slide to the length of the video clip, and also manually adjusting the speed of the video, however this then cancels out the audio, which I don't want to lose. I have tried this repeatedly with numerous clips and the same thing happens each time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Video Speed quickens when clip is added

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:58 pm

I have not run into this, but I don't have any AVCHD clips either. A couple of things to check - what version of Gold are you using (including build)? (the latest is 6.0.3397) What is the framerate of the clips? It almost sounds like it is a different rate than the rendering and something is getting lost in the conversion. Unless anyone else has run into this, I would suggest contacting Photodex and seeing if they can explain what you are running into. Be sure and let them know what version you have and what the info is for the clips you are importing (there are a couple of free utilities out there "Media info" and "Gspot" that will look at your clips and report what frame rate, codec and other important details of the clips) The only clips I have available to me are old ones I have shot in SD format (DV avi files) and clips from my Nikon DSLR that seem to drop in without a problem.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Simon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Thanks for the reply Mikey, I will try those suggestions. Now that you've mentioned it, I tried a few clips from a Canon DSLR and it worked perfectly, so it seems to be an issue with the video format. The version I'm using is 6.0.3392. Many thanks for your advice.

Postby Mantis55 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:03 pm

By sheer coincidence I was having this problem myself so I signed up as a new user and this topic was at the top of the pile :D but without a solution :cry:

I had another fiddle around and found that you can restore the movie to its full length: double click on the movie slide, and you get a dialogue box. Make sure you select 'layers' and tick 'lock slide time to video length'.
Problem solved 8)

Postby debngar » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Simon,

Except for just recently using a couple of video clips in a recent show, I haven't used them all that much up to this point. I have no idea if this will have any affect on AVCHD file format. But if the audio is out of sync, try un-ticking the "Avoid DirectShow" box in playback preference, then close the program and reopen it, then open the show to see if that helps. I had no problem with this kind of thing while using V5 but that box needs un-ticking in V6 to get video clip audio to sync with the video. I was using video shot with my Samsung S4 which is mp4, not AVCHD though so I don't know if this will help you.

Also the most recent version is 6.0.3397 so I wonder if updating to that build would help. It included some fixes to video file problems.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting