Open Slideshow function not working at all.

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Open Slideshow function not working at all.

Postby neilmercer » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:07 pm

The "Open" function on my Proshow Gold 5 is not working. I press on Open, File-Open or Control O and nothing happens.
Furthermore, when I open up the program, an empty grey window appears with a header saying "Photodex Document (#395)" - each time I open Proshow Gold 5 the number increases by 1. The only thing appearing in the empty grey window is text reading "/new_show_blank" in the top left hand corner.
Can someone please help me open my shows!
P.S. I've deleted *pcx files only to have them return!
Thanks!

Re: Open Slideshow function not working at all.

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:23 pm

Yeah, the .pcx files are simply a cache file created while you are working on a show and contains somewhat (we are not sure exactly what "somewhat" is though) rendered versions of your images, sounds etc. You don't say what version you have, but I would start by going to the install directory for Proshow and delete the proshow.phd file then try opening Proshow again. See if that fixes the problem - that file is a database file that keeps track of all sorts of config info and periodically gets corrupted. When you remove it, it will be re-created again with the normal defaults. The other thing you can do is download and re-install the latest version you are qualified for (you get free upgrades for a year after purchase). Let us know what version you have and if this solves your problem (I have not had that issue, so I am just giving you the normal things that often fix strange happenings).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: Open Slideshow function not working at all.

Postby neilmercer » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:00 am

Mikey, thank you so much!
I'm sorted.
Neil

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting