Video only burning select random slides

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Video only burning select random slides

Postby Smileyventuro » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi!
I am new here but have used proshowgold for the past 2.5 years. In that time I have created three slide shows. The first two were photo only and the third had two short video clips. The one I have finished now is about 3 min 37 seconds and has two songs. The majority of the show is video with only 5 or so still shots.
It plays absolutely fine when I play it on my computer (laptop). I've tried to burn a disc several times. Not only does it take 24+ HOURS but it has been randomly skipping videos. So the first time it didn't burn video 5 (of 6) but the second time it didn't burn videos 1, 2, 5. The same issue when I tried to directly upload to YouTube. I've tried to put it on a flash drive and open it on another computer but no luck. The file showed up when I put it on the drive but apparently didn't show up when they tried to open it (I wasn't there).
I'm doing this video for a friend of mine and it really just needs to be done. One person suggested that I clear out my memory on my computer a bit by putting my files on a hard drive. I don't have a lot of free space.
Any ideas?
Thank you!

Re: Video only burning select random slides

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Welcome! Well, a couple of things come to mind - first there have been issues with files on remote drives etc. Some people have had issues, I have not, although in general, all my stuff is on one of the drives in my computer. If you are going to be working with video, you need disk space - I'm not sure just what Gold uses as far as temp space during rendering, but that may also be an issue. As for "burning" the easiest way to break it down and determine if it is a burn problem or a render problem is to create an ISO file (an image of the DVD basically) and if that goes OK, then burn from the ISO to the DVD using a utility like my favorite, the free Imgburn. When you indicate you tried to "put the file on a flash drive", that is not clear - what file? An exe, a mp4 (rendered) or some other format?. My first suspicion is that you are running into either disk space issues or the fact the files sound like you have them on external media.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting