View PSG on Mobile devices

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

View PSG on Mobile devices

Postby floridabill50 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:39 am

Have used PSG for many years and created many slideshows etc. I now have shows I need and want to post in my facebook group and so many members WANT to view them on the many different mobile devices and Ipads etc but cannot. I realize I can create shows specifying individual mob devices it can play on but making 100 separate videos of same show is ludicrous. I also know I can get the Plugin for MY creating/viewing my shows on my devices but is there any method or APP for the 3000 members in my group to be able to view on the hundreds of various mob devices or will this not be doable at all?

Re: View PSG on Mobile devices

Postby debngar » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:18 am

I'm a Producer user. I never upload my video's to Facebook. I prefer YouTube to house the show so I mostly post my shows to YouTube these days, then paste the link in a post on Facebook if I wish it to be viewed there. The show is rendered highest quality for YT via the create output button, saved to my computer then uploaded at the channel where I want it to be displayed. It's possible that Gold has some limits to being able to create certain file formats. But I can't find anything that speaks to that in the feature comparison of products page on Photodex's website. A Gold user might want to respond to that.

I have little trouble viewing those shows that way via my phone other than sometimes a connection that makes me have to hit retry to load for viewing. It takes me straight to YT or at least gives me a choice to play it via my YT app and plays full screen on the device if I have it positioned in landscape.

If it matters at all, I use a Samsung Galaxy S4.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby cherub » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:21 am

The settings for YouTube output in ProShow Gold, are the same as in Producer. :D

Postby floridabill50 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:23 am

Ty Debnar but I prefer to go the youtube route but seems lately I get the copyright notices and they get deleted. I have been making shows for 10 years now and alot of time and effort now doesn't allow me to share all my shows anywhere. Call me old fashioned but I have been into computers my entire adult life and if users only want to use all their new gadgets and not a PC, that is their option and yet THEY want me to make sure they can view my PSG videos and I want to tell them " go on a reg PC" LOL Is very frustrating and my videos get thousands of views and just hope to find a way to share to so many members..Thanks for your comments.

Postby debngar » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:53 am

floridabill50 wrote:Ty Debnar but I prefer to go the youtube route but seems lately I get the copyright notices and they get deleted. I have been making shows for 10 years now and alot of time and effort now doesn't allow me to share all my shows anywhere. Call me old fashioned but I have been into computers my entire adult life and if users only want to use all their new gadgets and not a PC, that is their option and yet THEY want me to make sure they can view my PSG videos and I want to tell them " go on a reg PC" LOL Is very frustrating and my videos get thousands of views and just hope to find a way to share to so many members..Thanks for your comments.

If your videos are being flagged/removed due to copyright notices, one way to avoid that is by investing in the use of royalty free music. Yes, it's not the same as popular music but at least it allows music use for synching with our images. Even when I use that, every so often one of my video's gets flagged. Those I dispute and send accompanying information about the company from which I licensed that piece of music. This will happen almost for sure anytime I use classical music as there are some companies that apparently think they are the only ones that produce that stuff... not! LOL :lol:

That I know of, most mainstream computers or popular mobile devices can watch YT videos. If you're speaking about mobile devices and Apple OS computers not being able to watch a Presenter version of your show, then yes, that's not a format all devices can play. But frankly, I've not found that always the smoothest playback either. I've used computers most of my adult life as well, (about 35 years) and have been a PC person since the early 80's. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting