Is Pro Show Gold 2.5 compatible with Windows 7?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Is Pro Show Gold 2.5 compatible with Windows 7?

Postby KironKid » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Hello,

I have been using Pro Show Gold for many years and have never had a problem. Recently I upgraded to Windows 7.0 and when I first went to create a show yesterday it said your evaluation period is about to expire. I re-installed the disc that I bought years ago and that message went away. Now I am faced with another issue. When I drag my pictures into the picture bar that runs across the bottom of the program is displaying the pictures all pixalated. You cant even make them out. These are high res. files. Same that I have always used. When I preview the show same thing. Pictures do not display properly.
Any suggestions or help would be so appreciated!

Thank you,

Sharona Sands

Re: Is Pro Show Gold 2.5 compatible with Windows 7?

Postby debngar » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:42 pm

I'd say you might get the best answer from Photodex. That version is so old, it may not be worth the trouble trying to sort it all out. Certainly upgrading to the current version of Gold would give you so much more to work with. One good thing Gold has now is the layering capability which is not in 2.5. The program isn't as buggy as it was back then. It's not perfect but is one of the best slideshow programs available.

Also if you upgraded, then the slidestyles and freebies that work with Gold would be available to you as well. Just be aware that the user interface is different, like getting to know a new program.

Maybe someone else has an answer but I haven't seen very many, if any, posted questions/comment on 2.5 in a very long time. At some point, some companies stop supporting the really old versions of their software programs. I don't know if this is the case with Photodex so your best bet might still be to ask them.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby cherub » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Ver. 2.5 was a VERY, VERY long time ago :D
We are now at ver. 5, and we have had this version for more than a year. Time to upgrade, I think.:D

However, you may try to run the program in compatibility mode.
In Windows, navigate to the program directory. That should be somewhere in C:/Program Files (x86)/Photodex. Look for a file named Proshow.exe or something like this.
Right click on that file and choose Properties > Compatibility
You should see the following:
If you have problems with this program and it worked correctly on an earlier version of Windows, select the compatibility mode that matched that earlier version.
Choose XP and the version that it worked for you.

You may also try to install the program as administrator.

But, as I said before, it's time to upgrade the program. :D

Postby KironKid » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Thank you everyone! I will definitely upgrade but I had this rush project come up and thought I could put it together fast :( I will try the suggestions too and let you know if it worked.
Thanks again!

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:14 am

I would also go with the upgrade (I actually started with version 2.3 or something like that). Don't forget that the upgrade path is quick - just go to the site, pay for the upgrade and download/install it. There is no waiting for something to ship - you will get an email confirmation with your serial number.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting