Photodex Gallery

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Photodex Gallery

Postby MikeA57 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:20 pm

Hey guys, this is my first post here. I'm just getting used to PSG and so far it's a BLAST!!!!

I did run into an issue today though but it's related to uploading a video to my Gallery on the Photodex website. I published it fine and it automatically uploaded but when I looked at the video it has a background on it that I didn't put there. I've attached a photo of what I'm seeing. The photo in the center is correct but the multi-colored burlap background with the words "FAT TUESDAY" was not part of the show at all. I had created a Fat Tuesday show months ago but I didn't use that background at all on this project. Does anybody know how to get rid of that? I don't find it anywhere in the project.

Here's the picture: http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff248/MikeA57/WrongBackgroundonslideshowjpg_zpseed321a4.jpg

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Photodex Gallery

Postby debngar » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:14 pm

Since the show is using a menu, it used the last one created and used because it doesn't know any different until you tell it to change it to something else. For each show, you'll want to make a unique menu and proactively save it to the specific show folder, with an appropriate descriptive name. When rendering the show for viewing with ProShow Presenter plug-ing online or DVD burning, the appropriate menu file must be loaded to the show being rendered. Pay attention to where you save that file and what you call it, don't just rush to click done else it will save the new menu in the old place and you will be puzzled as to where to find it again.

Sounds like the menu background layer is probably what you want to change.

It would be helpful read up on the menu section of the documentation to familiarize yourself with the numerous steps and the many options. The online documentation is probably a bit more in depth than what you might find in the help section of the software itself.

Go to this link and scroll down to the manuals and reference section on the left, then click on the one for Gold.

http://kb.photodex.com/

Good luck and welcome to the forum. :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby MikeA57 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:24 am

Thanks Debbie! I always store media for each of my projects in a new folder and always save the project file to that folder. I even go so far as to create subfolders for Media, Audio, and Renders. I'll go back through the show again and make sure that no backgrounds are selected but when I started this project originally a background got placed on it automatically and I started a new completely new project because I didn't want that or any background. I wanted a clean slate and had it until I the show got uploaded to the Gallery.

I'll read up on the menus in the documentation.

Postby MikeA57 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:52 am

I guess too, that's another thing; I didn't tell it to use a menu. I didn't incorporate a menu in it when I built it. I uploaded the same show on YouTube, and there's no menu. The menu appeared when I uploaded the show to my Gallery. Did I miss an option I should have unchecked at that time?

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting