Viewing ISO

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Viewing ISO

Postby Kathbc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:36 pm

Ok new computer is up & running with lots of new bells & whistles so I'm hoping to finally get my 1st slideshow burned to DVD.

I rendered an ISO file & downloaded lmgburn. How do I view the ISO file? All of a sudden I have Cyberlink ISO viewer. :shock:

I'm lost!!

Re: Viewing ISO

Postby cherub » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:49 pm

I'm not familiar with Cyberlink ISO viewer but I googled it, and came up with this link that looks helpful.
http://file.org/free-download/cyberlink-iso-viewer#

But, let me ask you:
On your old computer, were you watching your iso files before burning them? How were you doing this?
Why can't you do the same now, on your new computer?

If you are not interested in watching it, then you can simply burn it with ImgBurn, that you are saying that you have downloaded (and I assume that you also have installed it)

Postby Kathbc » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:20 am

No I wasn't viewing any ISO files on my old computer -- never got that far! :P

I understood the idea of rendering to an ISO file was to split the process down to 2 parts - rendering then burning. I was trying to view the ISO file to ensure it was good enough to burn and found the images on the ISO were not as clear as on my working file.

Should I render again? Am I perhaps missing any settings before rendering? (the PSG instructions are pretty simple & basic)

Do you not view the ISO prior to burning?

Postby cherub » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:04 am

A regular DVD (not High Definition) has a much lower resolution than the monitor of your computer. So, it is only natural that the quality of the video looks less clear than what you see while you work on the show, on your computer. On your TV, it will look OK.

Watching the iso file is a very good way to check the final output, you are absolutely right.
There are many ways to watch an iso file, and several 3rd party programs that can do the job.
I don't burn DVD's nowadays. I prefer to use a flash drive on my TV.
But, if I ever do need to check the quality of the video on a DVD, I prefer to watch the vob files inside the ps_data file that Producer generates each time that an iso file is created. It is pretty much the same thing as watching the iso file itself.

Postby Kathbc » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks Mona,

I burned the DVD and played it back on my TV. Found the text and photos over fine tuned and over coloured which is not the case with the original photos.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Kath

Postby obeeone » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi

Did you set the correct format before you made the DVD eg: PAL or NTSC ?

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Postby Kathbc » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Hi Carl,

Where would I do that and what's the difference between the two? In simple terms. :)

I had the show open, clicked on lmg burn and away it went!

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:45 pm

PAL is the standard used in the UK, Australia and other such places. NTSC is what is used in North America (including Canada eh?). When you render, somewhere in the config, there is a box to "desaturate colors" - you may find checking that helps what you are seeing as far as colors being too bright. Especially if you are viewing on a CRT (tube) TV - in the NTSC world, red tends to basically splatter on the screen. The newer LCD (flat panel) style TV's seem to handle red better. Off to bed - hope we don't get more thunder/lighting tonight ... our two big brave dogs of the North spent half the night trying to crawl into bed with us last night. :roll:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby cherub » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:34 pm

To check this in ProShow Gold:

Go to: Publish > DVD > Create DVD > Options > Video and Audio Type

The default in ProShow is NTSC

Next, go to DVD Output Options, and put a check-mark on "Desaturate Images". Leave it at 80%

Postby Kathbc » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks Mona -- I'll go back and check "desaturate" as I can see it was not checked.

Interestingly another frequent poster said to "uncheck" desaturate. :?

Is there a way to use my images in their original states without PSG recalibrating any of them? I've already completed my edit in an other programme.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting