Transfering show between computers

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Transfering show between computers

Postby Kathbc » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi,

I put together a slideshow on an old computer that didn't have the system requirements for PSG. I now have an upgraded computer with lots of bells & whistles. :D

How do I get my show over to the new computer or do I have to start all over?

Thanks!

Re: Transfering show between computers

Postby cherub » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:56 pm

You don't have to start over. You can transfer your file using the function of "Collect show files".
Here is Photodex' explanation:

http://kb.photodex.com/126/how-do-i-bac ... -computer/

Postby Kathbc » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Thanks so much Mona!

I copied the show to an external hard drive and then opened a new folder on the new computer desktop. Does it stay in that folder whenever I want to work on it or is there a way to get it over to PSG?

Once I unplug my external hard drive and click on the folder it says the short cut is unavailable. If I try to open the folder in PSG it says location not available. What am I missing?

Postby cherub » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:46 pm

I think that you haven't copied ALL the directory that was created when you collected the show to your NEW computer. In other words, everything remained on your external drive, and what you placed on your new computer, is just a shortcut to your external drive.

Make sure that you copy a directory that has inside 3 folders: Audio, Image and Video. Also, in the same directory, you should have a separate file with the extension psh. For example MyShow.psh

When you open PSG, go to File > Open
Navigate to where you put that directory (in your case the Desktop), and open the show with the name MyShow.psh.

Personally, I don't like to work with the Desktop.
I would use a separate directory on the new computer for all my shows.

Postby Kathbc » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks again Mona I'll give it another try tomorrow.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting