Incompatible file

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Incompatible file

Postby bigalguitarpicker » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:24 am

I tried to add a video clip in PSG v3.2 but got a message telling me the clip was an incompatible file. I then converted the file from .avi to MPEG4 and it's still an incompatible file. Could the problem be that my video file has both video and audio in it?
Alex.

Re: Incompatible file

Postby im42n8 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:49 am

Odd, to say the least. Have you had the problem with any other video file? AVI's and MPG4's are typically acceptable to ProShow. It's possible that the problem is the video. While AVI can be a container, I don't think MPGs are. So, you should be able to import the file.

You might have a problem with the program's database. Hard to say. Have you tried to delete the PHD file? You could also try to reinstall the program over the original installation. Either of these might be worth a try.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Re: Incompatible file

Postby bigalguitarpicker » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:01 pm

Finally uninstalled and reinstalled, working OK now thanks.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting