Image used 65 times

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Valued Member

Image used 65 times

Postby RoseW » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:05 pm

In the list of images for a show created today one has a total of 65 in the used column. I used it 4 times as a layer for a caption.
I checked to see if it was a background and found a couple of instances, removed that image background and the number did not change.
I have checked the rest of the images and it is not a background image.
No files or placeholders are missing.

Its a 3500Kb file. When I produce the file will this be 65 x 3500Kb?

How or where does one check to find 65 uses?
Or should I remove it and just start over again where that particular image is involved.

Rose
Canon 6D,7D,
Lightroom & Photoshop Classic CC, Producer 6, Gold 6
Windows 10 pro
Epson Projector

Re: Image used 65 times

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Two parts to the answer - as far as how much space will be used in a video, it depends on the resolution of the video which is calculated by frame size * number of frames/second * length of video. It doesn't matter how many layers etc a slide has, the resulting video will be measured in number of frames all "smashed" together.

Not sure why you are seeing the 65 times, but you can check where it was used - easiest way is to open the .psh file for the show in wordpad or some such text editor (the .psh file is just a text file of instructions for Gold/Producer). Search the file for the name of the image in question and see how many times you find it - you can also tell which slide it is used on when you find each instance. Here is a quick clip from one of my .psh files - note that "Cell[4]" corresponds to slide #3 (offset by 1) - you can see where it references the image and the path to it (in this case, the image is pix/DC_100704_0923_51__Mikey2_mod.jpg in the subfolder "pix"):

Code: Select all
cell[3].caption[1].keyframes[1].color=1118715
cell[4].imageEnable=1
cell[4].nrOfImages=1
cell[4].images[0].image=pix/DC_100704_0923_51__Mikey2_mod.jpg
cell[4].images[0].imageEnable=1
cell[4].images[0].name=DC_100704_0923_51__Mikey2_mod
cell[4].images[0].replaceableTemplate=1
cell[4].images[0].sizeMode=2
cell[4].images[0].colorizeColor=8421504
cell[4].images[0].colorizeStrength=10000

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby cherub » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:57 am

Just wanted to add to Mikey's excellent advice:

Sometimes, the slide styles used in a show, make use of several duplicated images, for all sorts of graphic purposes. So, even if you think that you've used just one picture in a slide, you may see that the number of usages for that picture raises to several.
But, even if this is what happens in your show, 65 instances seems exaggerated.

Valued Member

Postby RoseW » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:27 am

I double checked all the files then opened the psh file, did a search with Notepad++ and for sure many instances were found. Double checked the cell reference and there was no background image or layer using this specific image.
Deleting that info using Notepad made no difference
SO....
I deleted the image....replaced it back into the Proshow Gold image list...relocated the file for 3 instances...and all was well.

Somehow when I had used it as a background image and then changed my mind the record keeping didn't keep track that I had changed back to a solid colour. Initially I had forgotten that details like that are copied to the next slide but I had been diligent double checking.

I'm glad to know that I can double check info in that psh file.

Thanks for the info

Rose
Canon 6D,7D,
Lightroom & Photoshop Classic CC, Producer 6, Gold 6
Windows 10 pro
Epson Projector

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Be very careful when editing the PSH file. It's very easy to corrupt your show if you're not careful. I'd recommend always working on a duplicate of the file, just in case. You probably already know this but some who are reading this might not be quite so aware.

There's a lot of little interesting things in the PSH file ... but, it doesn't give its secrets up easily and Photodex isn't talking...

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Another and very safe way of cleaning up "mishaps" is to use the Collect Files process. The way I do it is to first create a new folder wherever I want it and then collect the files to that folder. This gives the show a fresh reincarnation without all the gobbledygook that can slowly develop over time in the .psh file.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:21 pm

Yes, be careful when actually making changes to the .psh file and work from a backup. Minor mistakes can result in what we in the software business refer to as HIFD (Hole In Foot Disease) ... I speak from experience :evil:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting