Transitions not applying

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Transitions not applying

Postby okuma » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Using PS 4.5, Win 7
I have built a show and the various transitions I select for the title and blank slides do not apply or stick.
All transitions selected for photographs do apply.
Some thing is blocking transitions for blank or title slides with script on them.

Any suggestions?

Re: Transitions not applying

Postby cherub » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I'm not quite sure that I understand your question.
Why are you using blank slides ?

I think that the transitions do apply, but perhaps you cannot see them, because they are being applied between slides with identical backgrounds (black ??).

You can put this to test, by changing the backgrounds to different colors.
Let's say that you have one slide with a red background, and the next slide with a green background.
If you place a transition in between, can you see it ?

Postby okuma » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Thank you for replying.
The blank and title slides have different text on each panel. Transition and view times are 3 & 4 seconds. When moving from one to the next the show does a fast click over to the next frame. Selecting and applying different transitions to the text panels does not change any thing. All transitions associated with images do work and will change correctly!

Postby cherub » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:53 pm

You are using ProShow Gold, right ?

Is the background of your slides black, as I presume?
If it is black, then you cannot possibly see the transitions, because ProShow applies transitions, by default, on a black background. So, you cannot see something black that is moving on something else that is also black.

Please do the test with the colored backgrounds, that I advised in my previous post.

If you really want to see that there is some kind of motion (not the transition itself, but something moving), you can make the following change in the slides that contain captions:
Caption Settings > Caption Setup >Slide Transition
Put a check mark on "Included in slide transition effect".

What is the effect that you really want to achieve ?
How do you want your text to appear and to disappear in each slide?
If you can give us a more detailed description of what you are trying to do, perhaps we can suggest something else.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:26 am

I think I see what you want.

You have, say, an AB transition of 3 secs at the start of a caption slide, but the caption appears instantly, and disappears the same way at the end of the slide time.

Don't know if this works in Gold, I use Producer.
Double click the caption slide to bring up the 'Captions' window and then select the 'Effects' tab.
On the keyframes drag KF1 to the start and KF2 to the end to cover the full timeline. This will then fade the caption in and out.

As I say not sure this is possible in Gold as it involves Keyframes.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby okuma » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Thank you Chrib and Brianccb for your comments.
I now have a better understanding how PSGold works and with your comments have resolved my problem.
Like most computer problems, once you understand the basics, the solution appears simplistic!

Allan

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 am

Allan, I'm not sure if this is true in version 4.5, but look for it just in case it's there: You're given a choice of whether or not the caption is included in the transition effects (the ones before and after the slide), and if you choose this, it will do for you what Brian told you to do manually. Thus, if you have a caption with no fly-in or fly-out effect, and if there are fade transitions around the slide, the caption will fade in at the beginning and fade out at the end.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:54 am

Barbara, I started off liking for that in Producer 5.0, but couldn't find it. Thought I was going mad, and could only find a way to do it 'manually'.

Second thoughts, I am going slightly mad, or it could be senile. :?
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:22 am

Brian, it's in there...somewhere. :D

Interesting, however, that even when you find it, it doesn't always seem to work. For instance, the final keyframe may end up placed smack dab in the middle of the transition, which leads to an abrupt end to the caption. I've yet to figure out why this happens sometimes, and at other times, it works as advertised.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting