Transition between shows not seemless

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Transition between shows not seemless

Postby Suellen » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with a black screen and a bar across the top that covers some of my first slide. The bar shows up when I start my show and when the DVD transitions between shows.

How can I make sure the beginning and the transition between shows operate smoothly?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Suellen

Re: Transition between shows not seemless

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:47 pm

You're not giving us much to go on. Slide Transitions only operate between slides. But the current slide fades in from the beginning of the transition to its left and fades out in the transition region to the right of the slide.

So, as the previous slide is transitioning out, the current (next) slide is transitioning in. As it transitions out, the next one transitions in.

So, what can you tell us about what you're experiencing? Specifics help. What you're describing could be caused by any number of things, depending on what is happening in the slide (especially if there's a style applied to it) and what transition you're using...

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Suellen » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:58 am

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your response. I'm not talking about the transition between slides. I'm talking about the transition between SHOWS. I have two twenty minutes shows that are two parts of one show totaling 40 minutes. When I play the DVD, a bar shows up for several seconds covering the top of the first slide of the second show. This also happens at the beginning of the first slide of the first show. Hope this helps to clarify the problem. Thanks for any help you can provide. FYI, I'm working with version 5.0.3310 of PSG.

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:58 am

Suellen wrote:...snip...
I'm not talking about the transition between slides. I'm talking about the transition between SHOWS. I have two twenty minutes shows that are two parts of one show totaling 40 minutes. When I play the DVD, a bar shows up for several seconds covering the top of the first slide of the second show. This also happens at the beginning of the first slide of the first show. Hope this helps to clarify the problem. Thanks for any help you can provide. FYI, I'm working with version 5.0.3310 of PSG.

What is the NAME of the transition being used at the start and end of your shows?

A number of newer transitions (such as "leapfrog") are created with a black background and there is no getting rid of that black area during the playback of those kinds of transitions. This would display something like what you are describing because it would appear after the last slide for the length of time the last transition is set after the very last slide.

If the last transition isn't an AB (crossfade) type of transition, try changing it to that and see if it helps.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Suellen » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your patience. I see that you are now helping me with both issues.

There is no transition at the start of my first show. The show begins with the first slide (happens to be a video). As mentioned previously, a bar shows up for a few seconds when I start playing it. After much repletion, I managed to read the writing on the bar. Justified on the left, there is a symbol for video, a colon and then the number 1. Justified on the right, there is a quarter note symbol followed by: 1:mpeg 2.0 CH 48KHZ 384 KBPS.

The first show ends with a Crossfade Blend, duration 1 second. With this particular show, I have not been able to Play All (issue explained in a previous post); however, I have experienced the issue with other shows. The second show begins with the same annoying bar, this time with similar wording except for the number 2 in place of the number one.

In order to be very explicit (I am learning!) I tested the transition between shows by playing a different show with 2 parts that does have a functioning Play All. In this show the first show ends with a Crossfade Blend linear transition, duration 0 seconds (I made it zero thinking that might solve the problem). The same problem occurred. The second part began with a bar across the top with similar wording as mentioned above.

I'm hoping this helps clarify the issue.

Thanks again,
Suellen

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:55 pm

No show has a transition before the first slide #1. If you're using a play all function to have two shows play one after the other, I was suggesting to use a crossfade at the end of the first show. Don't use a "0" for timing as that will produce an abrupt cut to the next show, not a nice fade into it.

The black bar with the writing on it as you described is a problem I'm not familiar with and I don't know the cause. Maybe the bar with the message has something to do with your video clip. Someone else that uses video clips in their shows more often may have a better idea what you're experiencing and how to fix it as I don't know what would cause that.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Suellen » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:06 am

Hi Debbie,

Turns out this problem had nothing to do with PSG. My husband changed a setting on our Blu-Ray Player and that made all the difference.

Thanks for trying to understand the issue. I'm sorry it turned out to be something else entirely.

Suellen

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting