Play All is missing

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Play All is missing

Postby Suellen » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi all,

This is my first time posting although I've been a PSG user for many years. Normally I read through the posts and find someone else with my problem, but not this time.

I am creating a custom menu. When I add Play All to the menu, the box shows up on the menu but the text is missing. The text does show up in the box for adding text, changing font, etc.

I tried burning and playing the dvd, hoping the area where Play All should have been, would be highlighted, even though it wasn't visible. No such luck.

I've never had this problem before. Hope this is making sense.
Any suggestion as to how this might be fixed is most welcome.

Thank you
Suellen

Re: Play All is missing

Postby debngar » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Check to see if the layer for "Play All" is hidden or not.

There's a box to the immediate right of every menu caption layer where title, play all, loop all, previous and next, are listed. If the box for a layer is not ticked (has no check in it), that layer will not be visible on the menu preview screen even though the text for that menu button will still show up in the caption text box where the user types the caption layer wording. Try ticking the box for that layer to put a check in it and see if that solves your problem.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Suellen » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:48 am

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I do not see boxes to the right of Play all or next to any of the other options. I am looking in the Creating a Custom Menu area, under the captions tab. Is this the right area?

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:41 am

Suellen wrote:Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I do not see boxes to the right of Play all or next to any of the other options. I am looking in the Creating a Custom Menu area, under the captions tab. Is this the right area?

Publish>Menu Theme and Layout> Customize Menu>Captions Tab>
Sounds like you're in the right area. The caption layers are listed in the upper right quadrant of that window to the RIGHT of the menu image preview, not under it.

Debngar wrote:There's a box to the immediate right of every menu caption layer where title, play all, loop all, previous and next, are listed. If the box for a layer is not ticked (has no check in it), that layer will not be visible on the menu preview screen even though the text for that menu button will still show up in the caption text box where the user types the caption layer wording. Try ticking the box for that layer to put a check in it and see if that solves your problem.
Debbie

Postby Suellen » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:05 am

I am sorry to say, there are no boxes to the right of the preview box or anywhere else on the screen (except for outline and drop shadow within the caption settings box). I am using version 5.0.3206. Does that make a difference?

Thanks for your suggestions.
Suellen

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:38 pm

No, the version you mentioned should not make a difference. The user interface window should still look the same.
If there are no caption layers already listed, you must insert them. From your description, it sounded like some of them already exist, but they may be hidden because the box is not ticked.

Here's a picture of the screen in a short slideshow (not a jpg for saving and viewing).

"Menu Caption Check Box"
http://www.photodex.com/share/debngar/8b7dpmg4
Last edited by debngar on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie

Postby Suellen » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi Debbie,

I had trouble seeing the photo you sent me (I got a message saying a program might not have loaded correctly and I could try again using parameters that work for my computer, or something like that). I couldn't figure out how to do that but, the good news is, the screen you were trying to show me flashed onto my computer just briefly and I saw the boxes you are talking about!

Unfortunately, I don't see the boxes when I look at the same screen on my computer. I took a photo of it with a camera. Is there a way I can send it to you?

I have tried widening the box (maybe the boxes are just beyond the edge?) but I do not get a horizontal double edged arrow symbol indicating it is possible to adjust the width of the box. It seems to be as wide as it will go.

Thank again for your patience.
Suellen

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:49 pm

The image was put into a very brief Presenter version of a slideshow, just one image with a black slide before and after. All you should have had to do is click on the link, then click on the screen to play the show. If you don't have the presenter installed, you can't view it. If you've used ProShow for a while and created shows to upload and view online using the Photodex site, this is what you're looking at - a very short show. It's not a jpg image. If you need to see the image for a longer period of time, right slick to choose to play it back FULL SCREEN, start the show, then hit the space bar to pause the show at that slide.

I don't know why you can't see the boxes if you're viewing the same screen. :roll: That window does not expand using the mouse hovering double arrow trick. To change the size of the screen, click on the gear toward the bottom of that screen and choose the size you want it to be, larger, smaller, dimensions, etc.
Debbie

Postby Suellen » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:02 am

Hello Debbie,

This morning I called technical support. I found out that Proshow Gold does not have boxes next to the captions and this is why I couldn't see them. My problem was solved by going to the Setting Tab within Customized Menu, unchecking the play all box and then rechecking it. Simple, but when you don't know what's wrong it can be very frustrating.

Thanks very much for all the effort you put into helping me. Mission accomplished!
Suellen

Postby debngar » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:46 pm

Proshow Gold does not have boxes next to the captions

I apologize for leading you down a path to something that doesn't exist. :roll:

I try to format my comments/suggestions based on whether the user has Gold or Producer. Though I use Producer and not Gold, having or not having layer tick-boxes to hide/unhide layers was not something I imagined would differ between the two products and Photodex doesn't spell that out in the product comparison chart. The chart states that both have multi-layer support. It doesn't make sense to me why that function isn't in Gold menu area for captions. I can only assume there is a good reason for that. I haven't used Gold since 2.6 and that was before it had multi-layer capability.

I just checked the GOLD documentation and it shows and describes the same tick boxes to show/hide caption and image layers in the slide option window (pages 124 and 129). But for some reason, the menu images and caption layer panes do not have those boxes for Gold - go figure. :shock:

At any rate, I'm glad you were able to work it out and that the play all function works for you. :)
Debbie

Postby Suellen » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:18 pm

No problem, Debbie. It was a pleasure and I was happy to have someone respond!
Suellen

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting