Going Crazy and don't know how to stop it LOL

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Honorary ProShow PHD

Going Crazy and don't know how to stop it LOL

Postby Penny47 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have been having a really bad time trying to post a show on Photodex Gallery. Let me tell you how it works. I use Chrome, never had a problem. Photodex told me to try Firefox, it works but only on one PC not on my PC. I have 2 PC's
one is for my husband to use now he has Windows 7 (not sure which one) I have Windows Ultimate. He uses Firefox and I use Chrome. So I changed my PC to Firefox because I had tried it on his computer and it had worked now I try it on mine and it no longer works. So what I have done is posted the show and am hoping someone can tell me if they can get in to it or not. But really I am at a loss as to why this will not work. I even went so far as to upgrade to the latest PSG. I also posted and old show from PSP version 3.2 and it works fine on Chrome and Firefox. Any ideas please.

Many thanks Penny

Re: Going Crazy and don't know how to stop it LOL

Postby debngar » Mon May 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi Penny,

Viewed it with Firefox and it seems to work ok for me.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Mon May 13, 2013 1:29 pm

It works just fine for me, too. Firefox has various settings and plugins, and maybe one or another of them is blocking Presenter. I can't think of anything else, but that doesn't mean I have a clue about what's wrong.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Thanks Barbara, Photodex is still trying to help me with the problem but it is getting to a point where I might need my son to help as they want me to look for certain files etc, and that starts getting above my head LOL Anyhow at least I know it is working even if I can not view it on my PC.

Penny

Postby BarbaraC » Wed May 15, 2013 5:38 am

Penny, if they're asking you to find and delete ProShow.phd and ProShow.cfg, which will be in your ProShow folder, then what they want you to do is equal to reinstalling the program without going through all the annoyance of doing so. If your son is comfortable with such things (as sons tend to be 8) ), then you may soon be back in business! If what he does cures your problem, make sure he teaches you how to do it because you may need to know how in the future.

Barbara

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:50 pm

Barbara, they did not ask me to do that maybe I should try it, but this is what they suggested I do but I got stuck as I could not find the files (or whatever they are) so will try and get my son or a friend of ours to come over and help. I plan to get it sorted one way or the other :-)

"Thank you for your feedback. Regarding your AVG program, go into it and make exceptions for both "pxplay.exe" and "pxplay.cab". Then uninstall the Photodex Presenter, click on the online show, install the Presenter plugin again, and see if that works. We appreciate your time and patience in this matter."

Penny

Postby BarbaraC » Wed May 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Wait for the son or the friend. Much easier. :D

Barbara

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 pm

I sure am LOL

Penny

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting