Erratic random slide timings in You-Tube

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Erratic random slide timings in You-Tube

Postby GramRfone » Mon May 13, 2013 8:34 am

Came to upload my 39th video to You-Tube. Everything went fine until I checked it on line a couple of hours later.

Throughout the 39min video I noticed that some slides that were set to be on screen for as long as 20 secs, the written words would flash for 2 secs and then disappear but the background remained on for the remaining 28 secs!. It did not seem to matter how many sentences were on the slide : could be three lines or many more.
The timing of the complete video remained at 39mins.

At first I thought it might be that I had set the quality setting too high {third one down in the drop down list ) so I removed the video from You-Tube and then selected the second quality {Best} uploaded it again, but random slides still demonstrate the same problem.

This is my first posting so I am hoping that somewhere might have had the same problem and could perhaps point me in the right direction.

GramRfone

Re: Erratic random slide timings in You-Tube

Postby debngar » Mon May 13, 2013 8:49 am

For me, sometimes YT gets stuck and a show might not load completely which can cause erratic and undesirable playback. That might happen more when I click to watch at higher quality and happens more when trying to view shows online with a mobile device.

For quite some time, I've output shows at 1080p and on the average don't have much of a problem though. I would suggest output to 1080p and let viewers select what quality they want to watch.

Is your show comprised of only still images? I think there can be more of a tendency to have problems when incorporating video clips than keeping to stills. Sometimes it's not evident to users but some slidestyles and transition effects incorporate video clips in the construction. That can occasionally cause the same kind of glitch that a regular video clip can cause.

Can you post a link to your YT show so we can see what's really going on? If you temporarily set the YT video as unlisted but put the link here in the forum, it won't be visible in your channel to the public.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby GramRfone » Tue May 14, 2013 1:27 am

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions. Ironically this is one video in my series that has no video clips: others that have, do not have the problem. However, this is only the second video I have tried to upload using Pro-Show 5. The first one had a problem that took a long time to rectify and turned out to my use of the font BELWE, which presented all kinds of problems. Pro-Show Tech Support worked long and hard with me on that one and once I changed everythng to Brittanic Bold, the problem went away. Hence I now use the latter, but wether or not this is the cause of the new problem I do not know. As outlined I did upload it twice: the second time dropping the quality to BEST.
Now we come to the bit where I might be in need of a bit of non-technical help! Firstly the video is no longer on YT as I figured it was pointless to leave it in condition I was not happy with. So what do I need to do so that you can see it privatly? Do I upload it again and set some kind of restriction to the general public, and if so how do I do this please?

GramRfone

Postby cherub » Tue May 14, 2013 1:58 am

Yes, you would need to upload again, if you want us to see it :D
But, I have a different suggestion for you.
Perhaps, before you upload to YouTube, it would be best if you check what you upload, and see for yourself if the video that you create is correct or not. Perhaps the problem is not with YouTube, but rather with the show itself.

So, I suggest that you create that video again in Producer, but instead of uploading it directly from Producer, choose the option to save the video on your computer. The Save option is at the bottom of the menu for Publish > YouTube. Give it a name, and save it in a directory of your choice on your computer.
When you are done, watch that video file with your Media Player.
If the video plays well, then you can upload to YouTube.

You can upload through your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox or whatever you use).
Log into your account at YouTube, and start uploading. When the upload is finished, it will take a bit of time to process it, and then it will be visible to all.
While the video is uploading, you can fill in the name on YouTube, and also to change the Privacy Settings from "Public" to "Unlisted". This means that the video will be visible only to those who have the link to it, and to nobody else.
Post here the link to that video.

Postby GramRfone » Tue May 14, 2013 7:43 am

Sorry, but don't have PRODUCER. Only Gold v5. Checked the PUBLISH route but there is no option, that I can see to save it. However, it is in it's own file on the C drive, but for whatever reason I cannot get this to be recognised by Media Playerto check it, and seem unable to get the file to upload via IE

Postby cherub » Tue May 14, 2013 8:31 am

Here is the menu in Gold:
Publish > YouTube

Use this to create your video file first.

Postby GramRfone » Tue May 14, 2013 2:31 pm

I think I am going to admit defeat on this one. Today I attempted another upload to YT using the 1080 format as suggested. The render took just short of four hours and then 3% into the actual YT upload I lost connectivity! So regret was unable to do an unlisted version so that you could view it.
Previously I had tried, with no success to view the file on Media Player: couldnot get the file into Media Player to do so.
In desperation I have zipped the whole show and sent it to Pro-Show Tech Support to see if they can find out what the problem is.
Thank you both for your help.

GramRfone.

Postby GramRfone » Tue May 21, 2013 10:32 am

CONTINUATION OF ORIGINAL PROBLEM

I passed this fault to the Pro-Show Tech Support team, and the guy who has been assigned to the 'case' seems unable to grasp my suggestion in order for him to see the problem 'as it happens' on You-Tube. The video in question is up there but I have listed as Private because it makes no sense for the Public to see it when it is riddled with faults.....that are not on the Master video on my computer or the zipped copy I sent him to examine.

As I understand it, if I fill in his e-mail address in the special box that allows 50 people of my choice to view it, he should then be able to view it to see the faults.

He maintains that it is not possible to view the video as I suggest, and also as Google/You Tube indicate he should.

QUOTE: 'we can't see it if its private and if you can't/wont upload that video as non-private then we can't assist you. UNQUOTE

My reluctance to allow the video to go Public until the problem is resolved makes sense.

So am I right in believing he can see the video with the insertion of his e-mail address?

GramRfone

Postby cherub » Tue May 21, 2013 1:28 pm

Here is a description of the YouTube privacy settings:
http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/a ... wer=157177

Private videos
A private video can only be seen by you and up to 50 other people who you invite to view the video. The video won’t appear on your channel, search results, or playlists and will be invisible to other users.
When you set your video to “Private”, you’ll see a field under the “Privacy Settings” drop-down menu where you can add the YouTube usernames or email addresses of the people you’d like to share the video with. Note that they’ll need to have a YouTube account in order to see the video.

So, unless you've added the YouTube username as well as his email address, the Photodex person cannot see your video.

In my previous post above, I advised you to choose "UNLISTED". I don't quite understand why you don't wish to follow this recommendation.

Postby GramRfone » Thu May 23, 2013 6:38 am

Thank you for the confirmation. The attachment was the same one I sent to Pro-Show but the reply I got was QUOTE “regardless of what Google/You-tube says, I can’t view that show”. I had already placed his private e-mail address in the box.

Re why I did not post it as unlisted? I had never been in this situation before and after I posted it the first time and discovered the faults, people began to watch it and two made comments. So I removed it and uploaded it a second time, discovered the same kind of faults, and logged it as PRIVATE so that I could prevent viewings, and passed the problem to Photodex.

At their request I sent them a zipped copy for examination, and was not surprised when they said they could find nothing wrong with it! Why would there be? It was a copy of the Master video.

They were unable to see the PRIVATE version and wanted me to change it.

Anyway, after trawling through a number of Forums /web pages etc I came across a programme that would convert it to a much smaller size, and then uploaded it from Google. From what I read there were others who found the upload route from Pro-Show to have problems, although I must confess until I upgraded to Ver 5 I never had any problem with the 40 other videos uploaded via earlier Pro-Show versions.

Thank you again.

GramRfone

Postby cherub » Thu May 23, 2013 7:14 am

Well, I'm glad that you solved your problem by yourself.

But, you completely misunderstood my post above.
Although I was trying to be polite, I was actually telling you how very wrong you are.

Nobody can see a video that is set as "private"
If you want to allow somebody to view it, you have to use 2 (TWO) things:
1. YOUTUBE USERNAME
AND
2. email address

These two must refer to the same account, do you understand?

I seriously doubt that you could provide these details.

Do you understand now why Photodex technical service could not help you?
And, why, why in God's name, did you refuse to change the privacy from "private" to "unlisted", so that Photodex could view your video?

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting