problem triggered by slide show conversion

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

problem triggered by slide show conversion

Postby hhceng » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi,

i am trying to make a slide show with producer 4.5 (win 7 sys 64bit, i3 cpu, indep graphic card, 3g ram)... the show is about 10mins long, and the pic are taken by my nikon 3100 camera... about 4300 x 3900 (approximately) pixel each... i have loaded 3 songs into the show... at the beginning, every time the rendering stopped at 15% around in HD 1080p, and 12% in 720p (both high quality encoding).

i have then tried other format, MP4, WMV and AVI etc... it all went through, but the quality is rubbish even though it is 60fps, and 1920 x 1080 pixel... (all around 2--2.5 hours conversion time) and the vedio are lagging (stop and then play, stop and play, like this) very badly...

and i have then tried to reduce the encoding quality from high to normal, and converted through in 720p HD... but at some occasions it is still lagging, quality much better than other format though, and kind of acceptable... but still want to make it perfect and of course in 1080p... (i will try again 1080p)

and then i started to think where this lagging come from, my picture or my audio file...
1. i removed the music, and when i played the slide show, it lagged at the same place 1:35 of the show...
2. i remained the music, and made the 1:35 area just a blank page, it lagged as well...
3. i removed both music and picture, and it kind of stopped a few moment at 1:35 again...
and the lagging of my vedio seems like come from this lag in slide show...

does some one know the reason for it ? and how to correct it ?

Thx
He

Re: problem triggered by slide show conversion

Postby Jean-Paul » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:02 am

Hi He,

Welcome to the forum! The kind of problem you are having can be very difficult to solve. It sounds like Producer has something stuck in its memory and just keeps repeating it. I suggest, that before you continue testing, you should give Producer a fresh start, make it forget past history. Here is how you can do this with no risk of damage: close Producer, go to program file (x86) > Photodex > ProShow Producer and locate “proshow.cfg” and “proshow.phd” delete those 2 files (they will be rebuilt the next time you start Producer). You can also go to the folder where your show is located, in that folder you will see a group of files created by Producer during the editing of your show. You can delete all of those files except the one with the Producer icon having the name of your show.psh, that is your show file. If you do not feel comfortable deleting those files, simply select all of them and move them into a temp folder. Now you can start Producer simply by double clicking your show.psh file, it will take some time because Producer needs to rebuilt the .pxc file.
Hopefully that well solve your issue, if not I would suggest that you contact Photodex Support, they might have a solution for you.

Good luck,
Amicalement, Jean-Paul

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Re: problem triggered by slide show conversion

Postby hhceng » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:25 am

Thx Sean, i deleted the cache and that's how i converted into 720p successfully, but 1080p still cannot go through unfortunately, anyway, 720p is good enough, even though not perfect :)...
Regards
He

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting