Seamless playback?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Seamless playback?

Postby samiamk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:50 pm

I have a show split into three parts. The show is only 20 minutes long, but with several video clips. I do know how to burn multiple shows together, But I was wondering if there is a way or a setting That will allow me to play all shows continuously Without pause in between shows.

Is this even possible? Thank you in advance for any help.

Re: Seamless playback?

Postby debngar » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:00 pm

In a nutshell, use the Custom Menu feature, design the menu, add the 3 shows with 3 thumbnails and include a play all button. They will play one after tbe other. It also gives the viewer the option to watch them one at a time.
Last edited by debngar on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby samiamk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks for your reply. I think I did do that, but when I "play all" there is a noticeable pause between shows. Am I missing a step?

Postby Jean-Paul » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:50 pm

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Postby debngar » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:16 am

samiamk wrote:Thanks for your reply. I think I did do that, but when I "play all" there is a noticeable pause between shows. Am I missing a step?

Well, the last time I used that method, it seemed ok to me. It may have something to do with the first and last slide of shows, their slide time and transition time, which, when played back to back, make a bit of dead space longer than normally what you would prefer. What happens if that time is shortened on the backend of show 1 and front end of show 2 for instance? If that doesn't work for you to your liking then maybe the only alternative is to combine them all if you like that better.
Last edited by debngar on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Debbie

Postby debngar » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:34 am

I forgot to say that the between show period might appear more seamless if the same image is used at the end of one and the start of the next. Select something that works with your theme or story throughout. This is more a trick to fool the eye than one that is mechanical.
Debbie

Postby im42n8 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:10 am

The simple answer is NO!

To get that "seamless" appearance, you will need to put all three shows into one show and then use an appropriate transition between them.

The "play all" option is always going to experience a temporary delay between each as the next show is sought, adjusted for, and then played.

This is, at this time, the easiest way to get the appearance that you want. The drawback is that you will not be able to jump to each show as desired. So, to get around that, you might consider adding the one show containing all 3 shows with including each of the 3 shows the same DVD (for a total of 4 shows). Or, you could invest in a DVD authoring program that will let you "mark" the "chapter" so you can skip forward as appropriate in the single show (containing all 3 shows).

Good luck!

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Jean-Paul » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:03 am

Hi everyone,

Samiamk, I apologize for the simplicity of the explanation in the thread that I gave above. The explanation was for a grand-parent who had great difficulty communicating in English. The problem that you get using the copy/paste method in ProShow, is that everything will be copied with the exception of the soundtrack. This means, of course, you would have to reedit the soundtrack for show number 2 and number 3 and also you need to do some stitching between the shows in order to merge them together.
In some cases that can be a great deal of work. As Debbie and Dale mentioned, there is no real way to do this yet in ProShow. It would be much more simple if the soundtrack would also be copied, it would be much more simple to adjust everything.
Using a video editor would also certainly bring up some difficulties unless you prepare your shows before exporting them to a uncompressed video format.

What ever you decide, good luck with it.
Have fun,
Amicalement, Jean-Paul

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Postby debngar » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:36 pm

One more comment about this - Years ago, one of the first few shows I created was 45 minutes long, 4 separate shows. I included a play-all feature to give viewers a choice of watching the entire thing or pieces of it. I seem to recall it playing ok from show to show, (no pause), with the play all button. But now years later, with the current Presenter plug-in, if I go back to watch some of my older shows, they don't play as they should or as they used to. Those are bugs in the Presenter IMO (in my OPINION).

So, apparently there is an undesirable pause now, yes and it looks like there is no way around that until Photodex fixes, what I think is, a bug in their Presenter software. :(

While I've made over a hundred shows since using the software, I haven't made a longer one, made of separate shows in a while.
Debbie

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting