Retracing file paths

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Retracing file paths

Postby caprice » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:20 am

Hi,
Recently I upgraded my OS, added a new hard drive while still keeping the old hard drive connected and re-installed PSG. I tried to reload a past Proshow slideshow file only to be told all the images and soundtrack files are missing. Normally I get this when the images have been moved to the external hard drive and I rectify it by moving them back to the original address. Problem is this time the files are where they were when the show was created but the Proshow software is the program that has moved. It is now on C (new) drive instead of E (original) drive. My question is can I find the path that Proshow thinks they should be or is there a way of restoring the original path?
I even tried using the old program on the (E) drive but no luck either.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Retracing file paths

Postby cherub » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:22 am

Is Producer looking for your own pictures that were used in that show, or maybe some other files that are part of styles and transitions?

I'm asking this because if you changed the OS, and reinstalled Producer, then the old place for saving styles and transitions is no longer the same.

What OS were you using before and what are you using now?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Retracing file paths

Postby DickK » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:14 am

One other thing you can do is look to see exactly what PSG is expecting for the show's files. Find the PSH file and open it in a text editor (Notepad will do fine) and look for the name of any of your files--the path it's expecting is right there as well. The path stored there is a relative one--it tells it how to navigate from where the show file (PSH) is to where the image is, at the top of the PSH is the path it expects for the PSH file itself.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting