Producing a Video Format

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Valued Member

Producing a Video Format

Postby RoseW » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Task: compile a video in mpg4 file type for use on computer &/or external drive for use with a digital projector
Choices: The list with this file type seems to require an additional plug in; possibly because of the various devices.
Finally went to Custom and picked the file that produces an ogv type video
After 2 hours of compiling or whatever its doing a marvelous flow of images and NO SOUND.

A freeware Ffdiaporam creates videos in the mpeg4 format without any argument.
I looked back at the trial practice session and a mpg file was produced but I cannot recall what choice I used. It does not have a number ...just mpg.
I did find a link to a post that had custom settings for Mpeg4 AVC . Does this require the plug in also?

I have reread the pdf manual several times and I'm not much further ahead with understanding.
OF course, an executable file comes together in short order and it is a good production which is what I did when I couldn't figure out how to get sound using the VLC media player for this ogv video type.

What is the stand alone choice for a mpeg video in that Produce list?
Canon 6D,7D,
Lightroom & Photoshop Classic CC, Producer 6, Gold 6
Windows 10 pro
Epson Projector

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Producing a Video Format

Postby pilotdan63 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Rose . . . make sure the "with sound" box is checked when you create your advanced video Mpeg 4 AVI :-)

Dan

Valued Member

Re: Producing a Video Format

Postby RoseW » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:40 am

pilotdan63 wrote:Rose . . . make sure the "with sound" box is checked when you create your advanced video Mpeg 4 AVI :-)

Dan

Yes, the 'sound' box was checked when I used the choice that produced an ogv type file.
Over 2 hours was required to do this file type.
Later I chose mpg2 and the time was about 25min. The sound is included and it appears to be the same quality as the exe file for a presentation that runs 25min 29 seconds.
Perhaps since there are so many choices and I wasn't translating which format would apply for use with a digital projector was my problem for starters. I knew it was going to be a lengthy time to compile the file so picking the correct one was of importance, I thought <grin>.
I couldn't understand why I had to download an extra plug in for an additional fee. That might as well be included in the software and raise the initial price to cover it.
Rose
Canon 6D,7D,
Lightroom & Photoshop Classic CC, Producer 6, Gold 6
Windows 10 pro
Epson Projector

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting