None of my pictures since Feb. are listed under File List

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

None of my pictures since Feb. are listed under File List

Postby suzafone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 pm

I'm trying to begin a new slide show (ProShow Gold 4), and not all my photos are listed in Pro Show's File List under My Pictures. It appears the last photos listed there happen to be the same date as the last photos used in my last slide show. How do I get all my photos, since mid-February, listed under "My Pictures". They are listed under "My Pictures" on my computer, so don't know why they're missing on ProShow Gold.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: None of my pictures since Feb. are listed under File List

Postby DickK » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 pm

I've seen that or the equivalent.

Basically you have to force PSG to refresh its cache of image thumbnails. Sometimes if you close the folder and reopen it, or navigate elsewhere and come back it will then update. Sometimes that fails, too. ProShow keeps the its main cache in proshow.phd which should be in the installation folder. The individual show cache is in <show name>.pxc and both are entirely safe to delete whether they fix the problem or not, but if the navigation steps don't do it then try deleting those and see if the problem is fixed.

If none of that works, come on back and we'll try to sort it out.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby suzafone » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks for the suggestions! I had closed & reopened a few times, but with no luck. But I then went back, clicked on the "-" in front of "My Pictures", which got rid of the list of photos, then clicked on "+", and all my photos came up, including the most recent! So I'm back in business!

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:15 pm

Photodex has received a bucket of complaints about their file browser, but so far, we all are still dealing with the fact that the browser doesn't automatically refresh itself. Periodically, and even though I'm fully aware of the problem, it startles me, and for a moment I think, "Where did my files go?!"

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting