Sound Problems

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Sound Problems

Postby gratis1953 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:41 am

Hi all,

I'm putting a slide show together from my trip to Myanmar (Burma). When I drag video clips to my slide show, the video runs ok, but the sound stops about 3/4 of the way through. Not sure why. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Peter

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Sound Problems

Postby DickK » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:35 am

Haven't seen anything like that but here's a couple things you can try.

Look at the timeline with the soundtrack visible (TAB key) and see if you can see anything that might indicate the sound ends prematurely. Make sure the slide time is long enough but then try adding a few seconds to the slide and see what happens--I once had a case where the video clipe was actually running longer than it was reporting externally.

Also, try making an EXE and play that to see if the behavior is only in preview mode--some problems are like that but not typically sound issues.

Failing all else, I'd pull the video into an editor of some kind and rewrite it, same format or another one PSG accepts. Sometimes there's something embedded in a file that ProShow doesn't handle.

If none of that helps, then I'd contact PhotoDex's tech support. They'll probably have you send the video clip to them so they can try it and see what's triggering the issue.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting