insert music track via drag and drop

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Re: insert music track via drag and drop

Postby jlwilm » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:13 am

mikey and Dick

Yes, exactly the same behaviour with wav files. I explored the sticky CTRL key thing and seems to be O.K. I have my mouse options set to do a "ping" for current mouse location when I press the CTRL key and that seem to work every time, as well if I do a click select of a file, then another file, the first is deselected and the second one is active. This occurs in Explorer and other programs where the click select feature is active (most of them).

On a hunch, I did a shutdown, restart of my system and get the same behaviour in Producer. Also, selected two music files and tried to drag/drop to the Soundtrack and although both files selected, only the one clicked and dragged to the soundtrack appears.

Last attempt, left mouse clicked to select a single mp3 file, right clicked and selected Add to Soundtrack - and get 2 copies of the file in the soundtrack, so happens even without the drag and drop. :x
John

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:05 pm

I think you're going to have to work with Photodex support on this one. While several others seem to have seen it happen, most of us have never experienced that so the best we can do is guess. Their support is pretty good and they do a good job of getting back to folks.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:41 pm

This doubtless unrelated, but some time ago, I had the cursor "grab on" and refuse to let go. For instance, if I moved an image in a slide, even without the left button depressed and simply moving the cursor around, the image would go with it. I remember talking with Diana Lang about it, and she had the same problem periodically. It happened only in Producer, nowhere else, and so we knew it was a Producer problem. Interesting that I never heard anyone mention it other than the two of us. Likely, it was something identical on our two systems.

The reason I've described this is because the situation here reminds me of it in that only a few people are experiencing the problem, one that's related to the mouse. Something similar on the systems?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby mywalden » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 am

Same thing happened to me and I don't know how it evolved. I still don't know how to delete the unwanted music. RT clicking on the Timeline doesn't give that option and this music track doesn't show up on the slide row. It only blends with another song. Advice would be appreciated.

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 am

Music (or any audio) is in one of two places - either it is part of the main track - in which case you can edit it by simply double clicking the soundtrack along the bottom - that will bring up the dialog box for editing the main soundtrack. You can see what audio files are included, delete what ever you want etc. The other place an audio file can be is attached to a slide. This can confuse some people because you have the additional option of specifying an "offset" in seconds when you attach it to a slide so if you manage to have say a 20 second offset added, the audio clip you are having a problem with will be 20 seconds AFTER the start of the slide it is attached to. Look for a slide that has a small speaker icon in the lower corner - that indicates an attached audio clip. You can then open that slide and modify/delete the audio attached to it.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Previous

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting