Combine Show without delay

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Combine Show without delay

Postby tdursk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:26 pm

I have a show the has 5 different sections. When I play them there is a delay as the new show loads up. I wanted them to be seperate for working space and time, but is there a way to have the show transition from each section as if one show. I am able to do this in other software but not Pro Show.

Thanks

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Combine Show without delay

Postby DickK » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:13 pm

First, welcome to the forum.

Just so we're clear -- what output type are you generating and how do you have it set up to go from show to show?

How close you can get to a seamless transition is going to depend on what kind of output you are creating although I suspect the answer is going to be that you can't really get a completely seamless transition from show-to-show unless you combine the shows into one.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:27 am

Large ditto to what Dick said.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Valued Member

Postby RoseW » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:36 pm

Re:' is there a way to have the show transition from each section as if one show.'

I had created 4 separate mp4 video files so there could be 'discussion' or whatever between segments.
Then a situation arrived where it would be efficient to have the group play seamlessly.
I had not kept the original files before saving as a mp file.
Rather than getting into a video editor I made a play list using the VCL media player.
The individual videos start up seamlessly one after the other using this play list.

I did end each section with a sliding frame titled to indicate the next topic...no credits or indication of an end. The next video started with its title.
Its a workaround to avoid the use of a specialized video editor.

Rose
Canon 6D,7D,
Lightroom & Photoshop Classic CC, Producer 6, Gold 6
Windows 10 pro
Epson Projector

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting