Categorize transitions

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Categorize transitions

Postby bacton » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:43 am

I have ProShow Gold v5.

It would be very helpful if I could create personal categories where I could save my frequently used transitions.

PSG v5 comes with some 427 embedded transitions and it is time consuming to have to navigate through all of the transitions to find the one that I'm looking for. To my surprise and amazement, the software does not permit one to categorize any of the embedded transitions. I've glanced at the transition product packs which seem to offer additional transitions and presumably they could be categorized.... which still wouldn't solve my issue of better managing the 427 embedded transitions.

I've contacted tech support and they confirmed my understanding.... .....and I inquired if I could categorized embedded transitions if I upgraded to PS Producer.... answer: NO. And it doesn't seem that I could purchase a transition pack containing the embedded transitions.

I can't imagine why such a potentially useful function would be disabled with no way to attain it.

Alternatively, it would be helpful if I could COPY transitions within a slideshow from one slide to another, but this doesn't seem possible either.

Any help and/or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

BA.

Re: Categorize transitions

Postby bacton » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 am

Ooooopppsss!

I was mistaken. Some (many?) of the built-in transitions can be categorized.... I've just discovered.

It seems that the tech support person did not understand my question and did not make the distinction between which embedded transitions can be categorized and which cannot.

I guess that this will become apparent over time as I attempt to categorize my frequently used transitions.

Sorry for the confusion...

BA..

Postby cherub » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:41 am

This is a screenshot from Producer, that shows what we call "layer transitions".
These are the transitions that are "integrated" in the program, and cannot be categorized.
Perhaps this screen will help you distinguish between the various transitions. ProShow Gold does not have layer transitions, and this additional menu is not available.

Postby bacton » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Thank you Mona for the information. I'm now beginning to better understand the situation and will be better equipped to work with it.

Thanks again.

BA

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting