Improper Playing on YouTube

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Improper Playing on YouTube

Postby HowardK1 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:50 am

I created a show using ProShow Gold 4. I created a DVD and it is perfect ... it will play on a PC and on a DVD player. I also uploaded it to YouTube. When it plays on YouTube, the slides do not play properly. They are all set for the same time - 4.1 seconds and the transitions (CUT) are all set for the same time - 1 second. Some slides show longer, some show shorter, and some show correctly. The video is "Autumn Colors - 2012", user "destlean". The video was created using Windows 7. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Improper Playing on YouTube

Postby briancbb » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:23 am

I have no suggestions, I do not use utube, other than reupload, but I see what you mean about slide times.
However it is consistent each time it is played, really suspect the upload.

Here is a direct link for those who can't find the show, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3LyQAO5V10
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:38 am

This probably has little or nothing to do with the problem, but I was immediately curious about why a Cut transition, which by its nature has a duration of zero seconds, was set to 1 second.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby HowardK1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed the transition time to 0 seconds, but it didn't help.

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:42 am

It wasn't a suggestion--more a question because it struck me as odd. The true oddity, however, is that a show you haven't changed in any way renders properly for DVD but gets partially destroyed when rendering for YouTube. Have you tried rendering as an AVI and uploading it from YouTube? If the AVI plays properly, it should also play properly on YouTube.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting