How do I keep Text Crisp and Clear?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

How do I keep Text Crisp and Clear?

Postby Barnum » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:03 pm

I have created a few shows with PSG, but have never figured out how to get the text or captions clear, and not blurry. I have used outlines, etc., but no matter what I do they always seem less then crisp. Any suggestions?

Re: How do I keep Text Crisp and Clear?

Postby im42n8 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Your text should always be crisp and clear. If your preferences are set to a high enough resolution, you should not have a problem. PSG's default setting for is 800x600 ... which isn't great either photos or text. If you've got v5 and you have GPU acceleration turned on, it's not supposed to matter (as I understand it). But, if it's not on, you're stuck with software rendering (Software Fallback Resolution). Change it to something larger (perhaps to the resolution of your monitor?... as in 1680x1050 or the like).

If that's not the problem, I'm not sure what else could be causing it. Anyway, worth a try.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:35 am

How are you judging the clarity? If you're judging by what you see in preview, that's not necessarily correct. What you see there doesn't always indicate what an output is going to look like. If you're judging by what you see in an output, what kind of output?
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby MichaelD » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Have you tried different fonts and/or a larger font size?
Mike

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting