Quality poor on YouTube

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Quality poor on YouTube

Postby Barnum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:42 am

I just uploaded a slide show to YouTube, and the quality (full screen) is terrible. Also what can I do to make the text more legible? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The video is at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykUv_lIhB6k

Re: Quality poor on YouTube

Postby heckydog » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:47 am

You uploaded it at the lowest quality, 360p, and there are no other options. That's why the quality is so low at full screen.

You should re-do the show in HD and upload it as 720p or 1080i. Making it HD should also fix the text problem.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:14 am

When I try to create a show for youtube. I get the following error message...

The procedure entry point_DiaglogeCreateModal@16 could not be located in the dynamic link library if.dnt

The when I click OK it says Problem loading the device library.

Can I create a video in the Output section like I have done just now,and use your higher 720p or 1080i. Not sure where to insert these numbers? Sorry, I am not that literate with this part of Pro Show Gold.

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:47 am

How do I do this? I used the Create Output and then clicked Video File. Under format I chose "Window Media". Then I used the 480 x 360 resolution set the and encoding to HQ. I also switched off desaturation, then hit create.

Can I use this same procedure again, and can you talk me through it please?

Thank you

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:29 pm

Barnum:

When you select "YouTube" as your publishing option you should get a popup screen with several options. You'll give the video a title and include a description, and then below those boxes you'll see your "Video Options".

The third box in your "Video Options" section is the quality you wish to have your show created with. Click on the box and select the option you would like to use. It's been suggested that you choose either 720p or 1080p as your choice.

You can then upload the show directly to YouTube, or by selecting the lower left option you can "Save Video to My Computer". You'd then need to upload your show directly to YouTube by logging into your account via your browser and having it upload from your hard drive.

Mike

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:33 pm

This was my message above....

When I try to create a show for youtube. I get the following error message...

The procedure entry point_DiaglogeCreateModal@16 could not be located in the dynamic link library if.dnt

The when I click OK it says Problem loading the device library.

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Mike I cannot get to that screen....

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:53 pm

I just realized, too, that the screenshot I posted is from Producer.

Have you tried installing the program again? You shouldn't be getting any errors when selecting YouTube as your output option like that.

Mike

Postby debngar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:30 pm

If Gold allows rendering to 1080p avi, try doing that to a file saved to your computer (see the button on the lower right of that screen shot). Then upload to YouTube at the website, not through ProShow. I have done it this way for a number of years now and seems the least problematic to do it that way. But I use Producer and not Gold so I'm not sure if there is a limitation to what Gold will do in that area. I looked at the comparison chart under publishing and sharing but it doesn't say one way or another if Gold will do avi at 1080p.

http://www.photodex.com/proshow/compare

Looks to me you may have had this problem before....?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19430&p=150179#p150179
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Okay, thank you everyone.....appreciate your help. I called Photodex and they sent me the link for a new download. Deleted old version, and was able to get to the YouTube upload link. It took about an hour and a half for my video to load (just a fraction over ten minutes). When I watch it, it sometimes pauses here and there, and wondered.....is this normal? Is there anything I can do to eliminate that?

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:25 pm

As I said above, a few of of my friends said the video pause, stuttered, whatever...... any suggestions on what to do to correct this?

Postby heckydog » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:23 pm

There are a number of factors to consider. Part of it could be download speed, or processor speed. If other processes are running at the same time that could have an affect too. With larger files it also takes longer to buffer.

I have 12GB of RAM, an i7-920 processor, and 12MB download speed and I still can have pauses while a YT video buffers. Sometimes there's a trade-off between getting a better quality video vs seeing it run absolutely smoothly.

Your friends who are having issues can try viewing it at a lower bitrate to see if it plays more smoothly. But I'll bet they choose the better quality over a smooth, but lower quality, video. :)

Joe

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:39 pm

I get those little hiccups periodically, and if they're consistent, I hit the pause button and wait for the red bar to get a healthy distance from the play button. Even so, sometimes the initial rendering leaves something to be desired, so a redo it, hopes high. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:24 am

Barnum . . . I suspect the people who are complaining of the video pausing and stuttering might have a slow internet connection.

I had a slow internet connection for many, many years because high speed cable just wasn't available where I lived. Recently the cable company replaced the old cable with new high speed fiber-optic service and a higher internet connection speed was offered. Well . . . as you probably know. . . I jumped on it and now all my videos play smoothly with nary a pause nor a stutter :-)

Dan

Postby Tigg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:51 pm

I have this same problem and I have tried numerous fixes including lowering the audio and video bit rates but nothing is satisfactory.

Most people have internet MORE than fast enough to play video so I don't consider that an issue. What is troubling me is that I have tried to play my slide show on YouTube on many different PCs and they all have the slow buffering and jerky playback.
Yet I have other videos ( not slideshows) of greater length and larger files size than my proshow slideshow that buffer and play without a hitch.

I am thinking .. the problem lies in the rendering an the packaging at PROSHOWS end.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting