Can't open Proshow Gold

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Can't open Proshow Gold

Postby cyprusboy1 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:15 am

Recently fitted New System HDD and downloaded PSG V.451-303 as per Photodex instructions ie. "Security" disabled.
When I try to open the programme I get a message "Pro show has encountered a problem and needs to close" I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. Incidentally downloaded "Producer" and it has the same problem
System:- XP Pro, 3gb Ram. Need to sort out problem as I'm photographing a friends wedding shortly
Help!
Doug Cooper
Cyprus

Re: Can't open Proshow Gold

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:01 am

My first guess was going to be a corrupted download, but if your download of Producer does the same thing, then that is probably not the issue. You don't indicate where you are, but if in the US, I would give Photodex a call and ask - unlike most companies these days, they actually have support people that can work problems and answer questions (they also respond well to email). My guess is there is something else with your system that is causing the problem if you see the same thing with both Producer and Gold (I ran into one like that a while back with Sony Vegas - turned out a usb gadget I had for programming little microprocessors (PiCKIT2) had an issue that caused a problem with Direct X which was causing Vegas to blow up). Very odd, but that was the issue - unplug it and Vegas would start up just fine). This may be an issue they are familiar with - nothing comes to mind off hand here for me right now (sorry).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting