Recognising a rendered MP4 file

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Recognising a rendered MP4 file

Postby AndrewB » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:10 am

Firstly I have to say I love this software! However, I recently rendered a slideshow into a mp4 file so that I could use the slide show as part of another slideshow. The rendered MP4 file is in the chosen folder, but my proshow 5 program does not recognise it and as such I cannot import the rendered file into my new slideshow.

Any suggestions?

Re: Recognising a rendered MP4 file

Postby micalee » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:10 am

I too would like to resolve this issue. I too have MP4 files which I would like to import into a slideshow. I can convert them but end up losing quality. Any help is much appreciated.

Oh, and my name is Lee and I look forward to discussions within this forum.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Recognising a rendered MP4 file

Postby DickK » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Welcome to both of you!

I don't know what what you're doing would fail. I've used MP4 files (just did a quick test) and they work. What kind of error are you seeing?

Andrew -- if you want to incorporate one show into another doing it via a video file isn't going to get you the best quality for a result. Basically, you're having ProShow render it to video then render it again when the new show is produced. Depending on exactly why you want to do that and the result you want there could be a couple other ways to get there. Assuming you're using PSG, the most flexible way is to simply copy&paste all the slides out of the first show and into the second. The only downside is that the music won't come with the copy&paste operation. If you really want to use a video file created by ProShow that way, you should be able to do it, I would post a message to the PhotoDex tech support folks and see what they say.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting