Proshow gold 5.0.32 stops upload at 50-70%

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Proshow gold 5.0.32 stops upload at 50-70%

Postby Ursusarctos » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:37 pm

after many emails with tech support, still no luck! I have removed the program completely, and reinstalled the latest version, as per Tech supports suggestion.....and still no luck, when I try to upload to YouTube, HD either 720 or 1080 it stops responding at 51-71%, every time. it worked fine for a few months, no problems at all, no new software, only an windows 7 update. also it stops responding at 51-71% when trying to create a video file, any size or type!. I can make an executable fine. and save fine, but thats it, very frustrated and ready to bag it. any suggestions?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Proshow gold 5.0.32 stops upload at 50-70%

Postby DickK » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:57 pm

So what you're saying is that it stops in the middle of rendering an output? There are lots of threads here with that issue but here's the quick version of the diagnosis and fix.

When that happens it's 99% of the time something in the show that the rendering code doesn't like. Usually it's an audio file or a video clip. Create a version of the show with the audio removed and see if it works, if so, that's what's going on and you just need to guess which one would be involved at that point or you can just add them back one at a time to find it. Render to EXE files so it's quick and wastes no media. Once you locate the offending file either convert it to another format or load it into an audio file editor and force it to write the file out new. Typically that fixes things. The general process is the same if it's a video clip--isolate the bad one and force an editor to create a new version of it.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby Ursusarctos » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Thanks for the advice, tried that, all new slides with different audio, a
same thing, stoped responding at 56% this time, and 63% the next, all different slides and different audio again. just had to order PXL soft from B and H, will have to give that program a try, and its a shame I am a long time Photodex user. I do love the ease of use and depth of Proshow.
again Thank you

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:48 am

It's not clear from what I am reading if the rendering is failing or the upload to YouTube is failing. Try creating a video file of the format you want on the local disk then try uploading that to YouTube - that will tell you if Proshow is part of the problem or if YouTube is causing some sort of issue with the file (make sure the file you create can be played locally to verify it is good). I have seen other folks having issues with YouTube (and other) uploads recently that did not involve Proshow software at all. Try that route and see if you can upload the file.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Ursusarctos » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, everybody. I had a long session with Photodex, were they took control remotely of my computer, they could not get it to render a video. They said that the program has trouble with laptops? odd thing to say. I have a quad core 3rd gen I7, with 8GB fast RAM, and a dedicated Radeon at 1GB of DDR5. anyway that were we stand. no suggestions from Photodex, except to try it on a desktop. the odd thong was I told them, it worked fine for a few months, uploaded many 1080 videos to YouTube, and made many on my desktop? the only changes I have made were the Microsoft auto updates, and my Virus Software, Bit defender pro, I tried to use Gold with Bit defender off, and even uninstalled it for a short time, still no help
I have all my Photos on my desktop, took them off the usb 3 external, all my audio also on my desktop. it will not render to the desktop and kind of Video, just the pc exacutable.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:22 am

You didn't say whether you tried this -

Exit ProShow. Use windows explorer to navigate to the folder where the .pxc file exists for this show. Delete the file. Open your show and try rendering again.

Hopefully that will fix your problem.

Kathy

Postby BobHager » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:38 pm

I'm having a similar problem using Proshow Producer 5.0.3222. I cannot produce Mpeg-4 format but am able to produce Mpeg-2. I am also using Bit Defender and after a week of communication with Photodex support, I received this:

[i]"Thank you for your feedback. I would suggest going into BitDefender and making an exception for ProShow (proshow.exe) and the Presenter (pxplay.exe). If that doesn't work, uninstall both ProShow and BitDefender, install ProShow and then install BitDefender. If that doesn't work, I would suggest trying another anti-virus program. We appreciate your time and patience in this matter.["/i]

I tried what was suggested and still was unable to produce Mpeg-4. I uninstalled Bit Defender and then was able to produce Mpeg-4. Since I just renewed my BitDefender subscription I didn't find the suggestion to try another anti-virus program satisfactory.

My solution at this point is to produce Mpeg-2 and then convert to Mpeg-4 using the Freemake Video Converter. This is time consuming and effects output quality because of double compression. I would like to know if anyone has a better suggestion.

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:59 pm

I would suggest getting back to Photodex support and letting them know that their proposed solution didn't work (granting the exception), but removing bit defender did allow it to work. They may have some additional input on that (or it may have been fixed in a later release - note that 5.0.3310 is the latest version out there).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting