Keep Losing Soundtrack

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Keep Losing Soundtrack

Postby Kerrym » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:57 am

I have loaded in a couple of tunes to my show that I've setup from a wizard. Now wanting to edit and adjust. A coupld of the background tunes I have loaded up from an external drive, and each time I come back to work on the programme and open it again, it has lost those pieces of music. Can I save it/embed it into the show somehow without having to reload it each time?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Keep Losing Soundtrack

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:35 am

They should not be dropping off, however there have been issues in the past involving external drives. What I would do is have a folder for my show and in that folder, create sub-folders for images, sound etc. Put copies of the tunes you are using in the sub-folder for the show on the local drive. That should cure the problem (external drives can cause some strange things to happen sometimes) - other programs have also had issues with external drives as well from my experience. You can't really "embed" it in that sense because the .psh file for your show that you create is actually only a text file (you can open it in notepad etc and look at it) that consists of all the settings and pointers to the various media you are using in the show.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Kerrym » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:12 am

Thanks Mickey.

Esteemed Member

Postby marjolijn1957 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:13 am

Thanks Mikey. A frien of mine had the same problem. Now I know the reason.
I always use the methode as you describe.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting