Voice over migration

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Re: Voice over migration

Postby Nathan2118 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:20 pm

gpsmikey wrote:Have not run into that issue before (or even heard of it), however, there are a couple of things you can check to see just where this is happening. When this happens, close Producer, saving the file (save it as a new file if you want), then open the .psh file in a text editor. Look through the psh file (it is just a text file) for the slides where the problem happened. Remember that "Slide 1" is "Cell[0]" in the psh file. See what audio clips it has associated with that slide that got changed. You will find something like this for that slide:
Code: Select all
cell[3].images[0].keyframes[1].colorizeStrength=10000
cell[3].images[0].keyframes[1].shadowOffsetX=70
cell[3].images[0].keyframes[1].shadowOffsetY=70
cell[3].background=1
cell[3].bgDefault=1
cell[3].bgSizeMode=2
cell[3].bgColorizeColor=8421504
cell[3].sound.file=sound/honey_bee_heather_1.wav
cell[3].sound.length=6796
cell[3].sound.volume=100
cell[3].sound.startTime=2766
cell[3].sound.endTime=4528

See if the sound did indeed get changed. You can see in the above segment where is specifies the sound file for Slide 4 (cell[3]) (honey_bee_heather_1.wav in this case) If it didn't actually change, delete the .pxc (cache file) for that show, then restart Producer and open your show - it will rebuild the cache file (that thing gets confused sometimes). On the other hand, if the code from the .psh file does indeed show that the audio file for that slide got switched, you have something you can pass along to Photodex to show what the problem is.

mikey

Mikey,

I shared this thread with my computer guru today and she thought what you recommended has merit. I really don't understand how to deal with code, but she will look into it further and get back to me.

Thanks for your efforts.

Roger

Re: Voice over migration

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:38 pm

You don't need any "computer guru" - the psh file is a text file. Open it with wordpad etc and look through it - find the slide number where the problem occurs and go from there. No "guru" needed. Before you can solve a problem, you need to find out where it is. What I posted is not "code", I simply used the code tags to force the listing to stay neat making for easier reading.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Previous

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting