Create EXE doesn't work

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Create EXE doesn't work

Postby mano.ciao » Tue May 29, 2012 7:50 am

i've been working on this show for some hours adding 556 pictures and some 20 songs...everything perfect but...
when I need to create output...no way to have the *.exe file and also, the other formats are so bg they can not fit on DVD....

what can i do??

thanks for help

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Create EXE doesn't work

Postby DickK » Thu May 31, 2012 4:36 pm

mano.ciao wrote:i've been working on this show for some hours adding 556 pictures and some 20 songs...everything perfect but...
when I need to create output...no way to have the *.exe file and also, the other formats are so bg they can not fit on DVD....

what can i do??

thanks for help

First, welcome. What happens when you try to create and EXE as the output? Without know what fails and how there's not much we can say that will help.

A show that size might render to an ISO (DVD image file) that would fit on a normal DVD but it's right at the limit. With the quality settings set to maximum, the limit on a standard DVD is one hour of time -- how many images isn't the issue, it is just how long the show runs. If you can switch to a Blu-ray disc it will fit but you'll need the appropriate hardware to burn that disc and the player to view it.

If Blu-ray isn't an option, then you can set the DVD output to a lower quality which will let you get more on the disc but you may not like the result. The other option is to split the show into two or more parts and put them on two DVDs instead of one.

That might be a good idea anyway since it's very hard for an audience to pay attention to a slide show for more than 10-20 minutes at a time--over an hour is not something I'd want to do. Dividing the show into several parts would let you put some on each DVD and then select which part to watch off each DVD's menu.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting