Soundtrack Unstable Volume during Slideshow

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Soundtrack Unstable Volume during Slideshow

Postby garcia.rovic » Tue May 15, 2012 6:54 pm

HI Good Day!

Im new here but not new to Proshow. I need your help. Im using Proshow gold 4.0. My Problem is during slideshow the volume of my soundtrack is unstable.Sometimes weaker, sometimes stronger.Is anybody having this problem or have any ideas? I played it in vlc and media player the music is good. The problem is on my proshow. Please help me.thanks

Re: Soundtrack Unstable Volume during Slideshow

Postby gpsmikey » Tue May 15, 2012 7:04 pm

Generally when we hear a complaint like that, it often turns out to be that someone has managed to attach some sound clips (or even silence) to a slide then the normal settings are to mute the main track down somewhat (adjustable) when the slide sound plays. Another option might be to try converting the sound to a different format (if it is an mp3, convert to a wav file for example) - see if that fixes it. Version 4 is a ways back there - I think I would give serious thought to either upgrading to the latest Gold or even going to Producer (they have a pretty good upgrade plan if you have had Gold for quite a while).

http://kb.photodex.com/234/do-i-qualify ... -discount/

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby garcia.rovic » Tue May 15, 2012 7:09 pm

I'll try to convert it to wav file. Because the sound I used is mp3 format. Ihope this is the solution to my problem. thanks

Postby garcia.rovic » Tue May 15, 2012 8:04 pm

Sir Mikey my problem is not resolved the volume of my soundtrack still unstable. I already converted the mp3 format to wav file.. Please help sir.. I nid to finish this one before my daughter's 1st bday.. thanks a lot

Postby gpsmikey » Tue May 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Did you check the other things I said to check ? Are there any sound clips you have attached to some of the slides ? (you may not have realized you did it). The other thing to check - does it do this just during preview or have you tried rendering the show to see if it is still a problem on the DVD ? I don't remember hearing of anyone else with this issue before, so I am just suggesting the things that I am aware of that can have that sort of effect.

Actually, come to think of it, here is another thing you can try - exit Proshow. Delete the file in the same directory as your show with the .pxc extension on it (if your show is "myshow.psh" then delete the "myshow.pxc" file). Restart Proshow and let it rebuild the .pxc file (that is a cache file and if it gets corrupted strange things can happen). See how that works.

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby garcia.rovic » Tue May 15, 2012 9:09 pm

"Generally when we hear a complaint like that, it often turns out to be that someone has managed to attach some sound clips (or even silence) to a slide then the normal settings are to mute the main track down somewhat (adjustable) when the slide sound plays"

Can you elaborate or make it clear this process.. I already did what you said but still the same result unstable soundtrack volume... I deleted the pxc file but it is same result..huh help me please this kind of problem...thanks a lot sir

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue May 15, 2012 11:42 pm

You can check if you have a sound attached to a slide.

Press the TAB key and the 'slidelist' should change to 'timeline'. In timeline view you can see all sound files in different colours, including attached sounds to a slide (usually coloured red).

Scan through your show, using the scroll bar, and see if you have a sound attached to a slide. If you do have a sound attached and it is silent, it will just be a straight line, not a waveform.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby garcia.rovic » Tue May 15, 2012 11:52 pm

I already did what all you said.. but the result is the same my volume of my soundtrack is still unstable...huh. please help...This is my first time I encounter this kind of troubleshoot...huh.. I tried to uninstall the PSG4 and Install again but still the same result...I already converted the the mp3 to wav file.. I already attach sound clip.. my problem is not solved...huh

Postby gpsmikey » Wed May 16, 2012 3:49 am

You didn't answer my question - is this only in preview or have you rendered to a DVD and does it happen on the DVD as well?

OK, two things we can try.

1) copy your show (showname.psh) to a new name -- test_myshow.psh for example. Now, open Proshow and open the test show you just created - try replacing the audio track with different music - does it still have the problem?

2) Create a new test show - drop a bunch of images in it then add the problem soundtrack. Does this new show have the same problem ??

Check all the things I have listed above. I'll check back later, but I have to go to work now.

mikey

Postby garcia.rovic » Wed May 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Good Day Sir Mikey
I already did what you said..

Procedure number
1. Copied the avp. psh file to other test.psh ill change the sound track the result is the same...
Procedure number
2. I created new show and drop a bunch of image then place the problem soundtrack happy to say that my soundtrack is good..

so what im going to do the procedure number is worked? how can i adjust my project? i ll create new one but my time is limited i already did 90 slides please give me some suggestion that i can work fast to follow the procedure two..thanks a lot sir

Postby gpsmikey » Wed May 16, 2012 8:17 pm

OK, so that indicates that indeed the sound file itself is OK.

The first thing you can try is delete the sound track in the copy you made, close the show (and proshow) then open Proshow again, open that show again and try re-inserting the sound track. See if that fixes the problem. Somehow, I still think you have managed to attach some sound clips of some sort to individual slides though and they are causing the volume to change during the clip.

You can't jump in the middle of something like this and just start trying various things in the hope of fixing it fast - sometimes you get lucky, but more often, the best way in the long run is to work on it in a step by step manner to isolate the problem. Something in your main show is causing the volume to vary because a different sound track had the same issue when placed in the show (#1). Carefully look at the slide thumbnails along the timeline - if there is a sound clip attached to the slide, you will see a little speaker icon in the lower left of the thumbnail. See the image below from Producer 4.5 - it should look about the same in Gold I believe

mikey

Postby debngar » Thu May 17, 2012 5:38 am

If there are video clips in the show this can cause that problem. Adjusting the sound settings or stripping the audio out of the clips with a video editor should do the trick.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 17, 2012 5:59 am

I had thought of the video clips, but he didn't mention any (although that doesn't mean they aren't there and in looking back at the original post, while video clips are not mentioned, it doesn't say they aren't there either :) ) - video clips or audio clips attached to individual slides are the only thing I can think of that can cause a main track to change during the main audio playing. You can change the overall volume for a song, but not at points within that song in the audio trimmer or on the timeline.

So, the bottom line is are there any video clips or slides with audio clips attached in this show?

mikey

Postby debngar » Thu May 17, 2012 6:39 am

Responding from mobile here and typing extended further explanation about adjusting the sound is difficult. I'm just guessing about the potential regarding video clips being in the show. :roll:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting