very basic Q

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

very basic Q

Postby sargan » Wed May 02, 2012 2:22 am

Having loaded shows, and then created output eg DVD
How can I save the complete show ? .....
For example I load show 1, then when I create output .. I add in, show 2, show 3 etc.

If on main menu I click save it only seems to be saving changes toi show 1 ... not complete 'set'

I thought I had a way forward ..when I found "collect show files" .... I selected this, and it did collect a bundle of files in a folder .. however when I open 'show' it opens just a load of blank slides ... the transitions & captions are correct, but no pictures.

Re: very basic Q

Postby gpsmikey » Wed May 02, 2012 8:05 am

On the "collect show files", take the time to read the section in the manual on what that does - while it makes sense, it is not "intuitively obvious" as they used to say in school :D Basically it collects a copy of all the media files used for the current show and saves copies of those files in a specified folder. It then modifies all the links in the .psh file for the show to point to the new locations where it saved the files and saves the new .psh file in the "collect" folder as well. It leaves the original .psh file (where ever you have it) unmodified. It was not clear from your post which show file you were opening again that gave you the black slides and I'm not sure why you would see black. The .psh file is just a text file - take a look in it and see if the pointer to one of the slides is pointing to the correct image. Actually, I just thought of something - try deleting the .pxc (cache file) for the show then re-opening your show again.

For the rest of your question, I don't believe Gold supports "Projects" like Producer does, however as for saving the created "master", my preference is to create the ISO file instead of burning a DVD. Now you can burn a DVD from that ISO any time you want with various third party tools (my favorite is the free Imgburn). Keeping the iso on your hard drive makes it easy to replace a damaged or lost dvd (or just make more copies for people who think your show is so cool they just have to have a copy for themselves :D ) Depending on who the show is for and how much space I have left on the DVD, I will often include the source files in a /extras folder on the DVD - gives everybody else copies of the images and gives you a backup of the files.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting