Intro does not play

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Intro does not play

Postby sargan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:58 am

I am new & struggling with the creation of first DVD

Created 5 shows ..
Created an intro slide

As there is no 5 thumbnail layout option .. chose 6 thumbnail, and just loaded 5 shows.
I tick box for intro, select show and it looks OK.
When I create DVD (well ISO anyway) .. creates OK, but when I play it goes direct to MENU screen, intro does not play.

Is there anything else I need to do ? ... should I have it on show list ? on timeline? ... just can't get it to play

Strangely .. as a test I left everything as is .. but created PC executable instead ... and that works correctly i.e. intro plays.
Why not for an ISO image ? ... want to get to point that ISO image is 100% correct before I go burning discs.

Re: Intro does not play

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:25 pm

I just ran a quick test (I don't normally use menus - LGO for you old folks (Load and GO -- remember Fortran?)). I created a short test show and another quick one for an intro. Created a single menu entry, told it to use the intro show for an intro and created an ISO. VLC does NOT play the intro but as you indicated, goes directly to the main menu. However, when I burned the same ISO to an actual DVD and stuck it in my Sony DVD player, it did play the intro before going to the main menu. In VLC, you can select from the view menu which video to play (which includes the intro), but (at least in my case), telling VLC to play the ISO file went direct to the main menu without the intro.

One advantage to using the Sony DVDA (since you have Vegas) is that it has a "Player mode" where you can play the DVD you have created before actually creating an ISO or burning (although I have not tested that with an intro show either).

Anyway, try burning the ISO to a disk and see if it does work as expected

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby sargan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:07 pm

I'll give it a go.

Thanks for your testing.

Postby obeeone » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:26 pm

G'day

I have found the same thing creating ISO's but it will work when burnt to a DVD.

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Postby sargan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:39 am

So this is a bug then?
How are Photodex at responding to bug reports? is it worth me reporting it?

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:48 am

Well, I would say it was a bug, but it is a bug in VLC, not Proshow if a disk burned from the same ISO does play correctly in a DVD player (which is what I am seeing here anyway).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby sargan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:04 am

Good point ... I just loaded Media Player Classic ... and intro plays OK ... must be VLC

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting