Help, Pro Shows keeps crashing

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Help, Pro Shows keeps crashing

Postby tangleword » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:34 pm

I have proshow Producer 4.5.2929 on a windows vista 64 bit computer and am trying to reburn a dvd of a project I did, and Proshows keeps crashing. Strange thing is that I have shows saved in 07 and they load fine, the shows loaded in 09 it reads the file, then when it starts loading it gets to 2% and then I get the windows error: proshow has stopped working and it crashes me out. Frustrating thing is the dvd I really need to burn was a project from 07, which I updated in 09 but kept the originals, except for one show which I must of saved over in 09 and so I can load everything but that one show in it. Any help would be very appreciated.

Re: Help, Pro Shows keeps crashing

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Does it always crash at the same place ? If so, I would suspect a corrupted media file (audio etc). Is this a show you already have a DVD of and you just want to make additional copies? If that is the situation, the easiest way to work that is to use the free Imgburn utility (one of my favorites). You can use it to create an ISO file from an existing DVD you created then use that ISO file to burn additional identical copies of the original (I normally create an ISO file of the show I am creating in proshow then use Imgburn to create 1 or more disks as needed. Keeping the iso file on my hard drive makes it easy to make additional copies later when someone wants another one).

You might also want to update to the latest stable version of 4.5 if that is within your 1 year of purchase - 4.53.3053 is the latest one I believe. You can go to the Photodex site, provide your registration info and it will tell you what the latest version of anything you have purchased is.

As for the crashing, if it is random where it crashes, that will be tougher, but if it is the same spot each time, then we can work on figuring out just what is causing that. Let us know which applies to the problem and we can go from there.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby tangleword » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Same spotish, but on mulitiple differnt shows, tired it on 8 or so shows.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:47 pm

Hmmm - just have to make it tough :shock: By any chance do they all have the same intro music or something on them ? I don't know if the shows you are trying to load still have the old cache file in the show directory (showname.pxc), but if they do, delete that and let Proshow rebuild that file (not the .psh which is your show, but the .pxc file that is a cache used by proshow and will be rebuilt if it is deleted).

Have you tried building a new show ? Does that work OK ? The trick here is to figure out what is breaking it and what isn't. What OS and how much RAM do you have ?

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby tangleword » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks so much, deleting the .pxc files seemed to do the trick. So strange. I knew it wasn't anything with a song or image, because I had the exact same songs and images, the exact same files, one saved in 2007 worked, the one saved in 2009 crashed. But deleting the .pxc file fixed, thanks.

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:14 am

Very good - glad that fixed the issue :D

mikey

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting