Proshow Gold

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Proshow Gold

Postby chriscat » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:27 am

Hi
I found the problem with my computer it was the nvidia Geforce with Cuda , there were 3 settings on the control panel -:
Let the 3D application decide
Use the advanced 3D image settings this one was checked so i changed it to the above one Let the 3D application decide , and proshow 4.51 started working again
I am still not going to upgrade to proshow 5 yet as i am not sure if that was were all this started to happen .

Proshow 4.51 has been fine for burning dvds again thank goodness , however all of a sudden now when i try to download to youtube a box comes up ( please wait downloading information ),( downloading file list ) then in the section inbetween your files and show tiles , Connecting to optionals.photodex.com 0% but the % never moves and nothing happens i have left it for 1 hour and still the same .
So i tried to upload to gallery on proshow and it took ages and nothing happened .
Seems like i have solved one problem but ended up with another .
Strange thing is it works on my other computer , so there is something wrong somewhere.

i have uninstalled and reinstalled it and still the same , if anyone has any ideas or had this problem i would be grateful , you were all great with my other problem and thanks again !.

Christina

Re: Proshow Gold

Postby cherub » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:09 am

Your uploading problems could be caused by your firewall or by your antivirus software, and not necessarily by ProShow.
Could be that something is simply blocking ProShow.

BUT, that is not exactly a problem, because you can use your browser for uploading to various sites.
For YouTube you can create a video file and save it on your computer (you have this option in ProShow Gold too, I think), and then upload that video to your account at YouTube.
For uploading to Photodex' site, you can create a web show, save it on your computer, and then upload that px file to your Photodex galery, again by using your browser.
The advantage of using this method is that you get to see what you are uploading before it's on that site.

Postby chriscat » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:15 am

Thanks for your reply , thats a good way of doing it , however my computer has gone back to turning itself off whilst in the middle of creating the video , such a pain i thought i had cracked it , checked the nvidia and it is still checked in where i put it .
This is such a super computer i just don't understand why it is doing this !!!!

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:34 am

This is just a shot in the dark, but I assume the video cards on the two computers aren't identical. Is it possible that updating the driver for the card on the computer where things crash will solve the issue?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby chriscat » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:39 am

hi Barbara

Yes they are two different cards , and two different windows , one vista , and my new one is 7 home premium.
last night i decided to reinstall windows 7 again so i am now in the process of downloading all the drivers etc i need to put back on my computer .
Proshow 4.51 used to work before i downloaded 5 so i am thinking if i start a fresh again fingers crossed it may work again.
I did before i reinstalled windows check device manager and everything was working properly and drivers where all updated.
So i am in the dark as to why it seems to be playing up.
My card is Nvidia Geforce with cuda 330 and apparently brilliant for gameing etc so there should be no problem , i don't do any gaming and there is lots of space on my computer to !!
Happy days again !!!!!
Christina

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting