I need help with transitions

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

I need help with transitions

Postby colts99 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:12 pm

hi, I'm new just try this software, I have problem with all patterns transitions and all shapes transitions all not working.

I search previous topic with same problem and fallow all step but still not work.

can someone help me please? Thank you.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: I need help with transitions

Postby DickK » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:41 pm

First, welcome to the group.

We need some more information if we're going to help. Tell us what you mean by "not working" -- what happens exactly when you use of these transitions? Does the transition work the way you expect in the little preview in the upper left of the screen where you select the transition?

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby colts99 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:19 pm

hi Mr. Dick , thank you for your reply my questions.
I try to explain , I install trial version of proshow gold and, insert 2 photo on slides and, I click AB button in the middle of slide 1 and slide 2 (fisrt take too long to loading stuck at 61% but I wait until finish), after that it shows all transitions and I click first transition called bars falling in at little preview in upper left of screen I see is changing (is work), but I try billboard transition at preview is nothing change.

I don't know is something wrong when I install the program or maybe because is only trial version?
thank you

troy chan

DickK wrote:First, welcome to the group.

We need some more information if we're going to help. Tell us what you mean by "not working" -- what happens exactly when you use of these transitions? Does the transition work the way you expect in the little preview in the upper left of the screen where you select the transition?

Dick

Postby im42n8 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi Troy chan,

If you put an image on slide 1 and one on slide 2 and the click on the transition button between the two slides, the transitions should appear. There are two ways to apply the transition. The first is where you select a transition, watch it play, and then click on Apply. The 2nd is where you hover over the transition to see it "play" and then click on it to apply. The toggle between the 2 types of selection is the little hand with point fingers.

If you are saying that slide 1 doesn't play all the way from start to finish, then there's another problem unrelated to the transition. I'm not sure how to interpret. "... (fisrt take too long to loading stuck at 61% but I wait until finish)..."

If the transitions won't play or won't change, make sure the first button to the right of the preview window is two parallel bars and not a triangle. If this still isn't working, you may need to either reinstall the program or delete the Proshow.PHD and/or the proshow.CFG files located in the folder where the program is installed. You can either install over the first installation or you can install it to a new folder.

The transitions "play" should work with a "selected" transition. "Hover" over the transition to play or "Click" on the transition the transition to play. Again, toggle the type of selection using the last button to the right of the transitions preview window (the hand).

Let us know how things work out ...

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby colts99 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi Mr. Dale, Thank you for your answer.
I'm still having same problem even Itry to uninstall and reinstall the program, I don't know why everytime I click transition button for the first time is takes 15-30minutes sometime stuck at 61% or 65% when it reading the transations.
I did try proshow gold trial version and proshow producer trial version only patterns and shapes transition is not working (not change anything when I see on preview).
I also try to delete proshow.phd and proshow.cfg and install proshow again still same patterns and shapes transitions not working, I don't know why? maybe something wrong with my windows xp.... :(

Troy

im42n8 wrote:Hi Troy chan,

If you put an image on slide 1 and one on slide 2 and the click on the transition button between the two slides, the transitions should appear. There are two ways to apply the transition. The first is where you select a transition, watch it play, and then click on Apply. The 2nd is where you hover over the transition to see it "play" and then click on it to apply. The toggle between the 2 types of selection is the little hand with point fingers.

If you are saying that slide 1 doesn't play all the way from start to finish, then there's another problem unrelated to the transition. I'm not sure how to interpret. "... (fisrt take too long to loading stuck at 61% but I wait until finish)..."

If the transitions won't play or won't change, make sure the first button to the right of the preview window is two parallel bars and not a triangle. If this still isn't working, you may need to either reinstall the program or delete the Proshow.PHD and/or the proshow.CFG files located in the folder where the program is installed. You can either install over the first installation or you can install it to a new folder.

The transitions "play" should work with a "selected" transition. "Hover" over the transition to play or "Click" on the transition the transition to play. Again, toggle the type of selection using the last button to the right of the transitions preview window (the hand).

Let us know how things work out ...

Dale

Postby cherub » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:46 am

colts99 wrote:Hi Mr. Dale, Thank you for your answer.
I'm still having same problem even Itry to uninstall and reinstall the program, I don't know why everytime I click transition button for the first time is takes 15-30minutes sometime stuck at 61% or 65% when it reading the transations.
Troy]

Some of the transitions that come with ProShow are based on video. Maybe your computer is having trouble opening those transitions and stops importing them, leaving out all the rest that come afterwards.

Please try the following:
Open a new show and insert one empty slide (no picture in it).
Then click on the A/B transition that comes after it, and wait for ProShow to import ALL the transitions.
Does it reach 100% in this way?
Do the same thing for styles. Click on the empty slide and then go to Effects > Slide styles.
Is ProShow importing your styles?

Postby colts99 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:12 am

Hi Mrs. Mona thank you for your answer, I think the problem in my computer, I have to format whole system maybe I've got virus or something on my computer.
thank you for all of answer, sorry I make all of people confused.

Troy

cherub wrote:
colts99 wrote:Hi Mr. Dale, Thank you for your answer.
Troy]

Some of the transitions that come with ProShow are based on video. Maybe your computer is having trouble opening those transitions and stops importing them, leaving out all the rest that come afterwards.

Please try the following:
Open a new show and insert one empty slide (no picture in it).
Then click on the A/B transition that comes after it, and wait for ProShow to import ALL the transitions.
Does it reach 100% in this way?
Do the same thing for styles. Click on the empty slide and then go to Effects > Slide styles.
Is ProShow importing your styles?

Postby im42n8 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:07 am

If I understand the problem (yeah, I finally realized what you were trying to say), this was happening in earlier releases as well. The problem should be resolved AFTER the first failure to open transitions (and sometimes, styles). The program will crash before completing the process of "importing" the effects. Opening the program again and trying the same thing SHOULD resolve the problem. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times, however. Once the program completes the process though, you shouldn't have a problem.

I thought this problem was fixed. Looks like its still around.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby colts99 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Thank you Mr. Dale, I think I solve the problem , sorry my poor english make you confused.
thank you

Troy

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting