Checking Slide Movement

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Checking Slide Movement

Postby Photodom » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:12 am

Hi

In previous versions of ProShow Gold, I was able to bring up a dialogue box onscreen that showed the Starting Position of a Slide, the End Position of a Slide and gave you the opportunity to adjust the slide position, the zoom %age etc. on screen if e.g a face was about to go out of the safe zone.

For the life of me I cannot find this option in Version 5.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks

http://www.bridalimage.co.uk
http://www.eventprints.co.uk
Dominic

Re: Checking Slide Movement

Postby Jean-Paul » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:34 am

Hi,
Here is the link to a post that helps when you first start with v5.0

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=19503#p150712

Have fun

Jean-Paul

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:32 am

Dominic -- okay the trick is that with V5 it's all been pulled onto the same screen. If you double click a slide you'll get a big dialog with everything--takes a bit of getting used to but once there I mostly like it better. Look at the top for the three tabs: Layer Settings, Adjustments, Effects.

Select Effects and you'll have what you want -- yeah, that looks different, too, but it has all the functions pulled onto this tab. I still hesitate a bit looking for the captions menu -- and there it is right in front of me.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby Photodom » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:49 am

Guys

Thanks for the replies.

As is usually the case, a couple of minutes after I'd posted the question, I double clicked on a slide and voila, it appeared.

Thanks again.
Dominic

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Yeah, but since you asked there are a bunch of others who won't need to and only they will know who they are. ;)

The V5 user interface takes some getting used to--mostly I like it once I get past the "it's different" factor. I think people coming to PSG for the first time will find it easier and I'm sure that's what they were after.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting