How do I copy a show to DVD

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

How do I copy a show to DVD

Postby Barnum » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 am

I have a show that I want to make copies of, but I keep getting the message, insert a writeable disc? I am using Memorex DVD+RW discs?

Is there an easy way to do this. I have the show on HD and on DVD

Re: How do I copy a show to DVD

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:41 am

You're missing a couple of pieces of information here - is this just a show you have put together or have you already rendered it to a DVD previously (or created an ISO?). If you have created a DVD previously of the show (or an ISO), you can use the free Imgburn to make additional copies of the show. If you have an ISO, that is the easiest, second would be to use Imgburn to create an ISO from a DVD you have created that you can use to burn additional DVD's from. Be aware that some players have more of a problem with R/W disks than they do with the normal burn once -R disks. If you have not created a DVD or ISO of the show, then you will need to first do that from Gold - rendering creates the actual video format that goes on the DVD. From there, you can create additional copies.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 am

Thank you. I have a finished show on DVD. I probably have the ISO on the hard drive of my old computer which is in the closet. I have tried both R+W and R only. I keep getting the same message. I did copy the show to my HD.

Must say I hate Windows 7 with a passion. Roxio is gone, and everything is just much to difficult to use. Sorry I ever bought a new PC.

Hopefully you can talk me though this....would appreciate it.

Postby Ron » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:40 am

Hi Barnum
I empathize with your frustration, as we all have been there for one reason or another. So if I understand this correctly ... you have a DVD that you want to copy? My first thought is do you have 2 DVD drives? One for the original & one for a blank to copy to? If you only have one drive then what Mikey said is correct.
use Imgburn to create an ISO from a DVD you have created that you can use to burn additional DVD's from.
With only one DVD drive you basically need to put it on your hard drive first (Imgburn) b4 you could burn another.
With a bit of patience you'll get there.
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:00 am

Yes, if you have the DVD, install the free Imgburn utility. One of the options is to create an ISO from a DVD - select that to get your ISO to the hard drive (pick where you want to save it). Then you can use the same Imgburn to create additional DVD's from that ISO. The advantage of doing it that way is you now have a copy of the ISO on your hard drive and can create additional copies any time you want (oh, I forgot Aunt Martha wants a copy also ... ). I usually use imgburn with the box checked to "verify" where it reads the DVD back after writing to verify all is good (although with good media, I have not had any failures). I usually burn at either 4x or 8x instead of the full rated speed of the blanks I am using. You can get Imgburn from here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
Here is a link to their forum section on guides showing how to do all sorts of things with Imgburn including pictures:
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=ac ... howforum=4
Including a guide on how to create an ISO image from an existing disk:
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6379

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting