How do I find a show?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

How do I find a show?

Postby Barnum » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Did a show A year ago, but cannot find it on my HD. Have the photos all in one folder... but not the show. Am I out of luck?

Re: How do I find a show?

Postby HunnyB » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:17 pm

did you try the photodex site
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby SherryJB » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:15 pm

You might try running a search on your HD for all *.psh files and see if it pops up saved in some strange folder somewhere.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:22 pm

It depends exactly what you mean by "the show" - the source for the show is going to be showname.psh where "showname" is the name of the show as you saved it. If you are looking for the .px file (which is what gets uploaded to the Photodex site, then it is generally created in a temp folder, uploaded and deleted as far as I know. If you rendered it to some other format (mpeg4 etc), then it should be where you told it to put it (you get a dialog box asking where to save the output when you select one of those render options). So, the question is, what exactly are you looking for when you say "the show" - if the .psh (source file) for the show, then as Sherry says, search your drive for all .psh files. Usually, when you find it, it then makes sense (at least that has been my experience). There are a few other cases, but this covers most of them.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting