Video soundtrack issue

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Video soundtrack issue

Postby robertjp » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:51 pm

Hello all,

Im new here but not new to Proshow. I started on version 2, then 4, then made the mistake of upgrading to 5. So many issues I cant believe they ruined my favorite software. Anyways here is the issue Im having. Im making a show with photos and videos. I have a music soundtrack for the whole show but want the music to mute during the video slides. It will not mute, just plays over the video. Tried all the settings, talked to customer support several times, no answers. Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Brand new computer windows 7. My videos are .mov files from quicktime. Is anybody having this problem or have any ideas? The .mov files are nice and clear and I really dont want to convert to a different file type as they degrade. Im lost, anyone have this issue?

Re: Video soundtrack issue

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:01 pm

While I'm not terribly thrilled with the new User Interface, they have done a pretty good job with the new version. I'm not sure exactly what you are running into, but one thing to keep in mind - like .avi, .mov is a container format and may in reality have a number of different video and audio file formats in it (see this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickTime for some information). You might want to see just what format the data is in the .mov files you are working with - that may give us an additional clue what you are running into ( the free "GSpot" utility from headbands is handy for telling you what the actual file formats are and what codecs were used --- http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ ) Are these .mov files you created or did you get them from somewhere else ?

I just went in and did a quick test with 4 slides (3 jpgs and the middle one was a short .mov file). When I set the soundtrack volume to be very low during slide sounds, virtually all of the sound was from the video (mov) file. If left at the default, the soundtrack dropped to about 50% of normal. See the screenshot below for setting the soundtrack settings ... see if that helps (this is in 5.0.3222)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: Video soundtrack issue

Postby robertjp » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:28 am

Thanks GPS I will continue to play around. I tried exporting a video on quicktime to mp4 to see if that would make a difference but the quality was so bad I scrapped it. I will keep at it although I am at a loss.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting