DVD

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

DVD

Postby chriscat » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:26 am

I have created a dvd named Flowers and have it on youtube and the proshow gallery .
I have burned a dvd for use on my panasonic dvd player like i always do however the dvd plays then gets to 3/4 of the way in and cuts out , i have played it on my computer and it plays no messing at all .
So copied the dvd and tried that one in the dvd player and you guessed it it done exactly the same and yes it played in the computer .
I havn't got the show on my computer now as i have been sorting out and making lots of shows so once done i have deleted them so i can't re do them , unless i can get the show of my dvd to back onto proshow gold as it was .
If anyone has any ideas as to what they think it is i would be very grateful , i think its a bit strange myself.

Regards
Chriscat

Esteemed Member

Re: DVD

Postby Merlin_AZ » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:49 am

I'd try in in another DVD player.
Is it DVD+R or DVD-R.
Sometimes there's a booksetting for +R disks that need to be turned on, but it should by default.

Postby chriscat » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:53 am

They are both dvd-r i was wondering if i should try it in another dvd player , i will have to find a get a friend to play it on theirs .
The thing is i want it to work on mine so i can watch , all the other work , strange !!

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:30 pm

You may be running into a media compatibility issue - there is no magic bullet as to a media that will work best in all players. Some are very fussy. I have had the best results with the Taiyo Yuden premium disks, however, even those don't work the best in all players. Some players prefer +R over the -R formats, some work best with the "book type" set. That said, the things we have found most often to cause issues are poor quality media (the cheap media), putting labels (especially the paper ones on the disk) can cause issues (sometimes it takes a while for that to show up). In your case, you need to do a bit of work to figure out if it is the media causing a problem or if it is just that player that has problems. Usually, with media issues, what you will see is either it won't play at all or it jumps, pauses and pixelates the image although other symptoms may also appear. The trick is to figure out just which piece of the puzzle is the problem, then we can work it from there.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby Merlin_AZ » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:31 pm

Are you using a new brand of disc?
I've had great results with Verbatim.

Postby chriscat » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:35 pm

No i am using the discs i always use and have done 5 shows and all have worked , i have just burned another dvd a Maxall one , will give it a try later (football on at the moment can't disturb hubby ) and see if it works fingers crossed.
Its such a pity you can't put the dvd back into proshow and take it from there .

Postby chriscat » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:52 pm

http://www.photodex.com/share/christina ... l/xcx8cmg4

If anyone is interested in looking at the show i am talking about the link is above on the proshow gallery , feedback would be useful , it can only help !!

Chriscat

Postby chriscat » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Well i have just tried the new dvd i have just copyied and it done the same in the same point !!!!!!!

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:12 pm

While you can get strange results with media issues, it is unlikely that multiple disks would do it at the same spot exactly. What exactly happens when you say "it quits" - does it lock up and freeze the image or just what ?

Another option - there are a number of utilities such as DVDInfoPro (I have an older version I purchased) that will scan a disk for you and indicate where it finds anything on the disk that may be an issue as far as read errors go etc. At this point, I'm not sure what you are running into since this is not a common problem I have seen before.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby chriscat » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Yes it does lock up then goes back to the start ready to be played again , i havn't a clue why , why would it work on the computer but no in the dvd it's get me puzzled .

Postby chriscat » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:16 am

Hello

To Everyone who gave me a suggestion of what i could do to solve my problem , well today i tried the dvds yes 3 iIcopied and they all worked in another dvd player no problem , so it had to be my dvd player , it must not like a certain point in the slideshow , never happened before !!
So big thanks again to everyone , when i do my shows in future i will also put the saved show onto my hard drive , that way i will always have the show it ever i need it , or i have trouble with a disc .

Regards
Chriscat.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting